Create a coronavirus time capsule as a way to document this moment in time with your family.
The coronavirus pandemic of 2020 is a moment in time that we will tell our grandchildren and great-grandchildren about.
As a lover of photography and documenting stories, I wanted to create something for families that would help us to remember and capture life right now. I created a little Coronavirus Time Capsule booklet for children to document who they are and their experiences right now. You can download it free by entering your email address here or in the form below.
I love these types of packets because they capture kids so well — how they write, how they draw, how they think, etc. My hope is that filling out this free packet will be an opportunity for your children to process this time and engage it in a way that will be meaningful in the years to come.
Included in this FREE Coronavirus Time Capsule
- About our Family in 2020
- Our Family at Home coloring page
- Safe At Home: How I Spend My Days
- My Safe At Home Favorites
- Special Days and Memories
- Safe At Home Photos
- Outdoor Adventures
- The Silver Lining: Gratitude Reflections
- Challenges During Coronavirus
- My Feelings
- Dear Me: A Letter to Myself
- After the Coronavirus Outbreak
I especially love that this not only documents a child’s favorites, but it also has pages dedicated for reflection. The pages about gratitude, challenges, and feelings are my favorites. Capturing the wide-range of emotions that we all are feeling is a healthy and worthwhile exercise for us and our children.
A few ideas for filling out the Coronavirus Time Capsule
- Print out the whole packet and fill out just one or two sheets a day. That way it will feel fun and not burdensome.
- Little ones can participate, too! They can color and you can interview them to get their favorites, memories, etc.
- Fill out some sheets, too: This isn’t just for kids. Document your own favorites, feelings and memories. You will be so grateful you took the time to write about this experience.
- Print photos to include: From a family photo wearing masks, to social distancing signs at the grocery store to your child doing schooling at home – these photos will be powerful memories in the years to come.
- Create a physical time capsule to go with this handout. (see below)
Download Your Free Packet
To get your free Coronavirus Time Capsule, please fill out the form below. It will be emailed to you.
Please share this blog post with other families on your personal social media accounts, in Facebook groups, parent email lists, schools etc. I want this to help as many people as possible. Please don’t post the actual PDF though. 🙂
Create a time capsule with your family about this outbreak
In addition to filling out the free coronavirus time capsule packet, create a physical time capsule. We took a plain box and painted a “stained glass” design using washi tape, as a nod to the popular activity families are doing right now. With most of us relying on shipping services, any shipping box will do. After painting our box, everyone signed their names to the cover.
Taking time to paint and decorate the box was also a fun craft project! Anything to keep the kids busy, am I right?
We plan to add to the box in the weeks and months to come, but some ideas of what to include:
- Completed time capsule worksheets
- Disinfecting wipes canister (empty of course) – you could also use the container as your capsule
- Toilet paper roll
- News magazine
- Letters exchanged
- List of the shows/movies watched
- Recipe card with recipe made
- Tally sheet from a game night
- Photos from this period
- Crafts and drawings
- Homework lessons
- Grocery store or delivery receipts
- Recipe card with a favorite recipe made
I hope you are inspired to make a coronavirus time capsule!