With Christmas just two months away, I am already in the thick of holiday prep. Because I am having major surgery December 2, advance planning is especially important this year! The time to find girls dresses is now.
For the past two years, I have found Adeline’s Christmas dress on thredUP. If you are unfamiliar with it, thredUP is a site that sells new and like new women and children’s clothing and accessories at up to 90% off retail.
I have bought dozens of articles of clothing from thredUP over the years and ordered 100s of clothes. (thredUP has a free return policy, so I typically buy a full box of clothes, try items on and then return most of them.)
If you need holiday clothing for you or your children, I recommend that you start shopping now. As the holidays draw near, more people are going to be looking for nice clothes, so shopping early might give you better pickings.
This is the Christmas dress I bought on thredUP for Adeline this year. It was $15 and looks like it was never worn.
I also bought her Christmas dress from thredUP last year. It was Gap Kids and in perfect new condition. It was exquisite and was only $11.
The dress Adeline wore for her school picture this year was also from thredUP. I think it was $8-$10 and is from Zara Kids.
If you have never shopped on thredUP, you can get $10 off your first purchase when you use my referral link.
The site can be overwhelming at first but if you follow these tips when looking for girls dresses, you'll be sure to find some winners.
Here are 5 tips for finding girls dresses (or anything else) on thredUP:
- Be specific in your search query: thredUP gives you lots of options for searching, so get specific. You can search by color, size, style, brand, etc. I also like sorting by price so I can stay within my budget.
- Buy several options: thredUP offers free shipping on orders over $79 and free returns, so buy several options. This will give you more choices and you can return it for free. I find that this saves me time in the long-run because I can do one big shopping “trip” and have lots to choose from.
- Shop often: thredUP adds thousands of new products every day, so shop often. I'm always surprised by how many new to me items I see in my searches.
- Discover new brands: thredUP is a great way to discover brands you are unfamiliar with. Be open to purchasing brands you haven't heard of – you might be surprised by what you like. I have discovered some great brands from thredUP, which I love because I know I wouldn't have discovered them in the stores that I shop in. Moreover, because thredUP is so affordable, I get the items at a fraction of retail.
- Be patient: Sometimes your search won't result in a winner. Be patient. You'll eventually find what you are looking for, which is why it is important to start early when you have the time to do so.
I hope you will check out thredUP for you or your kids! Get your free $10 credit here.
How much does Thred Up charge for shipping?
I think it is $6.99 for orders less than $70. I usually order at least $70 to get the free shipping, then return items that I don’t want. (Return shipping is free)