This simple to make R2D2 Valentine's Day card box is perfect for a little Star Wars fan. Requiring few supplies, you can create this Valentine's box quickly.
If you have a Star Wars lover in your house, this is an easy project that is a big hit.
Star Wars R2D2 Valentine's Day Box Supplies
Shoebox (or small shipping box, like from Amazon)
White paint (we used spray paint)
Blue craft paint
Metallic cardstock or poster board
Optional: Valentine's heart stickers
Directions for making R2D2 Valentine's Day Box
- If your box is not white, spray paint it white.
- Cut out dome using silver cardstock, but do not adhere to box yet.
- Using sharpie, draw shapes for R2D2's buttons on box cover and dome (look at a line drawing like this to guide you)
- Paint shapes blue (if your child is old enough, have them do the painting)
- Add a few Valentine's Day stickers. We used puffy heart stickers.
- Cut rectangle out of cover for Valentines slot
- Adhere dome to top edge of box using a strong glue
Elias still talks about this Star Wars Valentines box. I don't know how we will top it this year!
For more Star Wars Valentines inspiration, check out my post on making Star Wars Valentines with glow in the dark light saber bracelets.