Today I wanted to share how I made a Star-Bellied Sneetch Dr. Seuss Costume for Elias. You remember The Sneetches and Other Stories, right? Such a classic! For Dr. Seuss Week a few months ago, I made simple costumes for each of my kids. I decided to wait on doing tutorials until closer to Halloween.
This costume is super easy to make and requires no sewing.
I didn't think about a tutorial as I was putting the Star-Bellied Sneetch Dr. Seuss Costume together, but I made a video afterward talking about how to do it step-by-step.
Supplies that you will need
- White t-shirt
- Yellow Rit Dye
- White baseball hat
- Black and white craft paint (for eyes)
- White felt (3-4 sheets)
- Green felt (one sheet)
- Black feathers
- Stitch Witchery
Steps for Making a Star-Bellied Sneetch Dr. Seuss Costume:
- Dye t-shirt and white hat with yellow Rit dye, following instructions in dye. This will ensure that the costume pieces match (vs. if you were to find a yellow t-shirt or yellow hat)
- Cut white long triangles for the shirt
- Cut a green star for the belly
- Iron on all felt pieces using Stitch Witchery
- Paint eyes on hat using craft paint
- Adhere black feathers to top of hat
So if you are looking for a fun and easy costume, this might be your answer!
For more Halloween inspiration, check out my Halloween board on Pinterest.
More Dr. Seuss costumes:
Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax
Dr. Seuss’s Sam I Am
Leave a Reply