Page from my college album, wonderful card from Cinnamon core kit
Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2013 If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited five-year-old, and Adeline, a spunky two-year-old. I'm also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.
Each Tuesday, I share my most recent spread as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This week's post is a special Project Life on HSN edition and is sponsored by American Crafts. Some links are affiliate links.
Before sharing my Project Life update, I want to encourage you to read this whole post because it includes details about an awesome selection of kits that are going to be available at killer prices on HSN this coming Monday, August 5- YEOW!
This past weekend I spent so much time on Project Life and it was glorious. (Happy birthday to me!) If it was even possible, I think I fell more in love with this system of memory keeping. No scissors, no glue – just my pictures + cards + a pen to record stories. Today I am just going to share some peaks at what I worked on and save the full spreads for the coming weeks.
Here's what I did:
- Took apart two more sticky albums from college and put together 20 more Project Life pages for my album that I have been working on. I have one album left to take apart – that means 5 albums put into one Project Life album. YES! (I still have to do the journaling cards.) As I shared earlier this year, I think having photos already printed makes things so easy. You don't worry about editing anything and instead focus on getting those pictures in page protectors.
- Texted with an old college friend to get names of a few friends in pictures. Hard to believe how the mind can forget…
- Printed two weeks of photos for my 2013 Project Life album. (I still have two more weeks to do, but I'm feeling good!)
- Put together two weeks worth of pages for my 2013 album, which include journaling cards from the Holiday and Seasons mini editions, Jade kit and Honey kit. (I'll share them next week. I loved using the Holiday and Seasons kits! Above is a page from my 4th of July spread, which included some of the American cards from the Holiday kit.)
- Organized my 12×12 Project Life page protectors in a 12×12 album, with dividers separating each design. I had already done this with my small page protectors, and really love the system, so am thrilled to now have my big pages organized the same way.
- Bought a pink 12×12 scrapbook to use for Adeline's baby Project Life album, which I am planning to start soon.
I went back to work on Monday feeling refreshed, inspired and happy, all thanks to my time working on Project Life. (Now, my laundry is still way behind, but that's another story – ha!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again – Project Life works because it is SIMPLE. If you have a lot of photos sitting on a hard drive, or in shoe boxes, do something with them. You can get so much done in very little time because the system is so easy.
On August 5, HSN will be running a special sale on several Project Life bundles. You will be able to purchase a kit that includes a pack of page protectors + either the Cinnamon, Kraft or Rain Core Kit Editions, or a Mini Kit bundle with the Holiday and Seasons Mini Editions. Here's a sampling of the cards from these editions:
Cinnamon (and you can see some of them in this video)
The bundles will be offered at a low price. Tune in to HSN or check their website for the price to be revealed on Monday, August 5.
Even with Project Life now being in retail, it is likely that the HSN prices will be as good or better. (And frankly, it's way easier to not have to juggle coupons, go to the store, etc.) I'm so excited about this sale and will be sure to remind you about it on Monday.
This HSN sale is a great opportunity to:
- Take the leap and buy Project Life for yourself. These kits will have everything you need!
- Add to your Project Life stash (maybe get a kit for your 2014 album?)
- Buy Project Life as a gift for someone (Christmas is not that far away!)
- Encourage a friend to buy Project Life
I have friends who buy different kits and then divide the kits in half, which is a great way to keep your budget in check and increase your variety of designer cards.
One of the pillars of The Mom Creative is finding great deals to save you money and help you do what you love. This HSN sale fits that perfectly – I hope you will check it out. I know I will be!
disclosure: This post is part of a paid campaign with American Crafts, but all opinions are my own.