This weekend flew by. I can't believe it is already Monday.
Friday we had some friends over for dinner. We made chicken marsala in the crock pot (one of my favorite recipes for having guests over), smooth mashed potatoes, green beans and baked bread.
Saturday morning we woke up to a magical snow falling. It was that soft, enchanting kind of snow that made my heart burst with happiness for our new home and backyard. It only left about 2 inches, but in Tennessee that is plenty to go outside, throw small snowballs, shovel with kid sized shovels and make awesome memories.
Elias also had a friend over from school. They painted and colored, played superheroes and dressed up. I loved seeing their sweet friendship.
I hadn't done laundry in 2-3 weeks and did load after load after load this weekend. I was once again so thankful for my Bravos XL machines because MAN they do A LOT of laundry at one time. This morning I woke up to 5 baskets of clothes to put away.
During nap time on Saturday, I sorted through photos for Project Life. I hadn't even STARTED 2013 until then. (More about my process tomorrow.)
Sunday we went to church, did more laundry and got ready for a few friends who came over for the Super Bowl. We kept it simple with a few snacks, crock pot chili, these amazing chocolate chip cookies (without question the best cookies I make) and little cheesecake bites (thank you Sam's Club).
During the second half of the game, I worked on putting together my 2013 Project Life album. I put all the pages in my album, slipped date cards in for every week and got myself organized.
It was a great, ordinary weekend.
How was your weekend?
- Today is the last day to get 25% off Kiwi Crate with the code LOVE. For more about how much we love Kiwi Crate, click here.
- Did you see all these great Shutterfly deals going on right now, including a free $10 credit and free card for Valentines? These offers expire Wednesday.
- If you are ordering any Valentine's gifts from Lisa Leonard, the order deadline is also Wednesday.
Disclosure: some compensated affiliate links used
- The Best Nike Sports Bra and Leggings
- 2022 Amazon Bestsellers
- A Christmas Break Beach Vacation to Destin
- Help My Child Read: Savvy Reading Tutoring
- Gift Idea: Latch Hook Kits
- 10 Nintendo Switch Games Kids Love
- 7 Things to Do at the End of the School Year
- Nashville Must See: Grand Ole Opry Tour & Show
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures Review and Q+A with the Creators
- A Magical Woodland Fairy Party
- Little Girl's Hello Kitty Party: Adeline's 3rd Birthday
- A New Christmas Tree from Tree Classics + Giveaway
Margaret Feinberg says
Jessica, love seeing the joy in all their faces!
Love your snow pictures – they exude so much love and happiness! It might have been an ordinary weekend but it sure was fun filled (except for the laundry) with friends and family! So happy that you are enjoying your new home and have all the space you need to entertain now.
I was doing grad school homework during the Super Bowl 🙂 And we got to go sledding. We have a little more snow then y’all.
Hi Jessica! So glad you had a nice weekend and I love the picture of yoou and Adeline 🙂 I just wondered about the chicken recipe because it looks fantastic. Does it have a real “wine taste” to it? We aren’t much for wine at my house so I didn’t want to make it if it’s a strong wine taste. Thanks!
I don’t care for drinking wine, but love this recipe. I think you should try it. 🙂
Ok that settles it! I’m making it 🙂 Thanks so much! Have a great night!