I realize this might seem late to be sharing my favorite memories of last year.
After all, we are nearly three weeks into the new year.
But my memory keeping habits are dreadfully behind, so this actually feels pretty on top of it. Moreover, I feel like I missed out on much of December when these types of posts are normally published because of my surgery.
It was a lot fun looking back on the year and writing this list. Thank YOU for following along. Here are 10 of my favorite memories of 2016, in no particular order.
- The Fringe Hours hit the Wall Street Journal bestseller list: At the very beginning of 2016, The Fringe Hours (kindle edition) hit the Wall Street Journal’s bestseller list. When I got the news, while at a conference, I cried. It has been a dream come true to see my words impacting so many women.
- Visiting my grandmother with all the kids: My last living grandmother passed away in November. In February, I took all my kids to Wisconsin to spend a little time with her. We knew that 2016 might be her last year with us. That visit, as well as the pictures we took, are treasures to me because it was the last time she was with all three of my children.
- Ezra learning to walk: Ezra was 17 months when he finally started walking unassisted. I’ll never forget getting the text from Matthew with a video of his first big steps.
- Attending the Finding Dory premiere: Being invited to attend the Finding Dory premiere, along with the press junket and interviewing Ellen were something I will remember the rest of my life.
- Adeline’s Finding Dory birthday party: Adeline was just as excited about Finding Dory as me, and it was SO fun throwing her a Finding Dory party. It definitely is one of my favorite parties I have thrown, especially because of all the crafts.
- Elias’s first Packer game: As a born and raised Wisconsin girl and Packer fan, I have passed on the green and gold love to my kids. Taking Elias to a Packer game, just the two of us, was so memorable. I cried when I saw his precious face light up as he looked over the field.
- Our Wizard of Oz Halloween: I LOVE Halloween and a good theme. Our Wizard of Oz costumes came together perfectly. It was extra special that my Mom was in town and got to dress up with us. Truly one of my favorite years!
- Two blogger besties trips: Twice I met up with blogger friends this year for mastermind getaway weekends. We talked shop, encouraged one another and relaxed in awesome destinations (Destin and Phoenix). I am so glad that I prioritized this time to get away because it filled me up in ways that nothing else does.
- Traveling to Malaysia with Matthew: Matthew and I had the opportunity to travel to Malaysia for a speaking engagement. It was my first big trip overseas (big milestone!) and a needed getaway for Matthew and me. I am so thankful we had that time together.
- Reading 50 books: After a year of very little read, 2016 was the year I got my reading mojo back.
This list inspired me to get some photos developed this weekend and start to work on Project Life again. It’s been too long. And I really miss recording my memories that way. Stay tuned for more memory keeping posts!