Magic for the Christmas Season

by jessicaturner on December 12, 2014

snowTubeDespite me being VERY pregnant this Christmas, I have worked hard to be intentional about making Christmas memories with our children. At ages 3 and 6, they are so delightful! Everything is fun, surprising and wonderful to them. It’s been a real joy. Here are some of the things we have done:

• We are reading Ann Voskamp’s book Unwrapping the Greatest Gift and coloring ornaments for our Jesse Tree
  • Our Elf is causing lots of mischief
  • We visited Santa
  • We went to Merry Music City Christmas yesterday and sledded down a “real” snow hill – in a parking lot! A very different experience than winter for me growing up in Wisconsin.
  • We are making sugar cookies this weekend (I bought Christmas aprons 70% off last year and can’t wait to give them to the kids!)
  • We are going see Christmas lights next week

Hallmark North Pole ProductsHallmark sent us a few fun products from its new Northpole line that I shared with Elias and Adeline this morning that are a fun addition to our Christmas activities, and I am excited to share them with you!

The first is this fun snowflake that you press before going to bed so that Santa can more easily find your house. The kids thought it was awesome.

The second is paper for a letter to Santa. What makes this extra special is that you can put it in the freezer (ala the North Pole) and get a response back from Santa. Only catch is that the letter only stays there when it is cold.

Hallmark North Pole Products
The last was our favorite activity – a Polar Explorer Map of the North Pole. It comes with adorable 3D goggles and tons of activities to enjoy. The kids absolutely loved it.

Hallmark North Pole Products
The map is incredible beautiful and enormous. It is laminated and high quality and will last for years. Adeline especially loved adding stickers to it. We just wished there had been more!

Hallmark North Pole Products

What do you do to make the Christmas season magical for your family? Share your ideas in the comments below!

This post is sponsored by Hallmark. All thoughts are my own.

Roommate December 12, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Stop it right now. These are too cute. Love your little babies.

Nicole Feliciano December 15, 2014 at 6:51 am

We do all of these! Plus a few special performances in NYC–like Alvin Ailey dance and the MET opera Hansel & Gretel. Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!

jessicaturner December 15, 2014 at 10:45 am

Dreamy, living in NYC. Someday I hope to make it to the city during December.

Glamamom December 15, 2014 at 7:35 am

Could they be any cuter! I have been following all your holiday surprises for your kids on Facebook and it’s so sweet!

Oh, we have so many traditions. Most of all I love seeing family and friends, decorating, and heading into the city to experience it in all it’s holiday glory.

jessicaturner December 15, 2014 at 10:47 am

Decorating is so fun isn’t it? And my kiddos have been so delighted all month. It’s been pretty awesome. :)

Victoria December 15, 2014 at 7:51 am

Oh my goodness, your son’s smile is just magical!

Our holiday traditions include visiting the tree at Rockefeller and night after night of holiday movies. It is just the best and most relaxing season!

jessicaturner December 15, 2014 at 10:46 am

We love watching lots of movies during this month too! :)

Jo-Lynne Shane December 15, 2014 at 11:59 am

Those look like fun! I don’t know that I’ve done much to make the season magical for ours this year. They’re getting older and the magic is wearing off. I did just take my girls to NYC to see the Rockettes this past weekend, and that was phenomenal. I’d love to make that an annual tradition.

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} December 15, 2014 at 12:01 pm

We love that book!

We are staying home this year for the first time and we’re really looking forward to making our own family traditions as our own little family.

amy @teachmama December 15, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Jessica!! These look so awesome. I love how you make everything so very special for your kids.Thanks for sharing!!

Piera December 15, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Oh my goodness – these are so cute! I think my kiddo would love the Polar Explorer Map of the North Pole with 3D goggles – how fun! Love all of the activities your family is doing for the holidays. We do the same – love this time of the year!

NINA December 15, 2014 at 10:06 pm

SO CUTE! We definitely need the Polar Explorer map and goggles! You are such a great mom. What a wonderful season for your children.