Despite me being VERY pregnant this Christmas, I have worked hard to be intentional about making Christmas memories with our children. At ages 3 and 6, they are so delightful! Everything is fun, surprising and wonderful to them. It’s been a real joy. Here are some of the things we have done:
- We are reading Ann Voskamp’s book Unwrapping the Greatest Gift and coloring ornaments for our Jesse Tree
- Our Elf is causing lots of mischief
- We visited Santa
- We went to Merry Music City Christmas yesterday and sledded down a “real” snow hill – in a parking lot! A very different experience than winter for me growing up in Wisconsin.
- We are making sugar cookies this weekend (I bought Christmas aprons 70% off last year and can’t wait to give them to the kids!)
- We are going see Christmas lights next week
Hallmark sent us a few fun products from its new Northpole line that I shared with Elias and Adeline this morning that are a fun addition to our Christmas activities, and I am excited to share them with you!
The first is this fun snowflake that you press before going to bed so that Santa can more easily find your house. The kids thought it was awesome.
The second is paper for a letter to Santa. What makes this extra special is that you can put it in the freezer (ala the North Pole) and get a response back from Santa. Only catch is that the letter only stays there when it is cold.
What do you do to make the Christmas season magical for your family? Share your ideas in the comments below!
This post is sponsored by Hallmark. All thoughts are my own.