Are you familiar with Craftsy, a website dedicated to teaching education and tools in an easy-to-learn, accessible, self-paced environment? The site is incredible. I have shared about it before, but not really dived in myself – that is until this past weekend.
On Friday I received an email about their 35 FREE mini classes and I was definitely motivated to check things out.
I can’t believe I didn’t know of these amazing classes sooner.
Here are the free classes I signed up for:
- Modern Buttercream: I’ve made buttercream before, yet I couldn’t resist signing up for this one to learn a new buttercream recipe, and get a refresh on how to cut, level, fill and crumb coat cake layers like a professional. Plus, with 5 videos and 1,000 5-star ratings, I figured I couldn’t go wrong.
- The Wilton Method: Creative Cake Pops – While I have made basic cake-pops, I’ve not made anything fancy like what they go over in this class. It comes with 4 HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access, class materials that include a supply list and recipes and detailed and close-up instruction
- Complete knife skills: I can’t wait to learn how to use knives better in the kitchen. Such a practical skill. This class comes with 4 HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access; downloadable class materials, including 4 recipes and nearly 2 hours of close-up instruction. The class has 233 5 star ratings!
- Piece, Patch, Quilt: Basic Quiltmaking Skills – AHH!! I’m so excited about this one. I have always wanted to learn how to quilt and with 10 videos of instructions, I know this is how I’m going to learn. The free class also includes 4 quilt patterns.
- Professional Family Portraits: I couldn’t resist the family portraits class, which includes everything from setting up a “studio” in any room, lighting and even editing. It includes 4 videos of instruction
Here’s the full list of mini classes to choose from.
Early Sunday morning I had pregnancy insomnia and decided to dive into my complete knife skills class with the “Choosing the Best Knife for You” and then went into “Essential Knife Skills”
I cannot express how impressed I was with this class! I literally wanted to go chop celery at 4:15 in the morning.
After watching two episodes of the knife skills class, I decided to watch some of the buttercream class. Different instructor, different type of class – would it be as good?
YES! I now wanted to make Swiss buttercream frosting. By this point is was closing in on 5 am and I was starting the day tired from my insomnia, but so very inspired.
I ended up making the buttercream Sunday afternoon and it turned out great- super smooth and very different from other buttercreams I have made.
The kids were happy to clean my spatula and mixer.
I love how accessible Craftsy is. It’s perfect for busy creative women (and men – I had Matthew sign up to do the knife classes too!) There is no obligation to buy any other classes from Craftsy when you sign up for these free classes, and you will have access to them for life.
Seriously, go check out these free classes. I know you’ll be impressed. I definitely was!
Disclosure: compensated affiliate links used in this post