Balloon Gender Reveal: It’s A….

by jessicaturner on August 13, 2014

Yesterday we had our 18-week ultrasound. We found out the gender of the baby right away and are so excited.

Everything looked perfect on the ultrasound, which we are so grateful for. A healthy, normal baby with a “beautiful brain” according to the technician.

We decided to do something extra special to tell the kids if they were going to have a new brother or sister. Check out this quick one-minute video for the big reveal (subscribers, click here). They were SO ELATED!

After opening the box, we of course had to tie some ribbon to the balloons so they kids could play with them and mommy could snap a picture.

We then had a special blue cake that Daddy made to celebrate. :)

This morning we snapped a few pictures of the kids with the ultrasound. They are clearly still excited. Love them so much.

It’s crazy how much the 3D ultrasound looks like Elias!
18 week ultrasound

Thank you for sharing in our excitement! I’m ready for January to be here to meet our sweet baby!

Any tips for us with baby #3?

cat@jugglingact August 13, 2014 at 6:17 am

How darm cute is this! Congratulations

Sarah August 13, 2014 at 7:30 am

Awww! Congratulations. So sweet!

Monica August 13, 2014 at 7:35 am

How sweet!!! Congratulations!

Mrs. G August 13, 2014 at 7:37 am

Love it! Congratulations!

Erica August 13, 2014 at 7:44 am

Congratulations! We have boy – girl – boy – and our kids are 7.5, 6 and 3 (almost the same spacing as your kids :) Everything about #3 was so much easier and fun than the first two (delivery, nursing, caring for the baby, etc. etc.). Our little boy #3 is the sweetest. I don’t really have any tips, except to enjoy every single moment to the fullest – especially if you think you aren’t going have any more. Can’t wait to see more pictures of your new little one.

debbie August 13, 2014 at 7:49 am

Such a darling way to tell the kids Jess….Loved it <3

Kelly H August 13, 2014 at 8:32 am

Congrats on #3! Love that your reveal was just your kids and the pure joy they have for their new baby brother. No tips from me on #3, we stopped at 2. :)

Jessica August 13, 2014 at 8:40 am

Congratulations! How sweet. They will both adore a brother (and less competition for feisty Adeline!)

Megan August 13, 2014 at 9:09 am

awwwww so sweet!!! Congratulations!

Laura Vanderkam August 13, 2014 at 9:10 am

I thought the transition from 2 to 3 was certainly easier than 0 to 1! I’ve also never really understood why people say “you’re going from man-on-man to zone defense.” Most parents have cared for their children independently of their partners before, which means it’s already been 2-on-1 for lengthy periods of time. Three is just a bit more juggling. A Bjorn or Ergo carrier is good so your hands are free to deal with the others (though I think yours aren’t toddlers anymore, so perhaps less likely to run off in parking lots!)

Katrina August 13, 2014 at 9:34 am

How cute! Love their excitement! Congrats!

Robin August 13, 2014 at 10:02 am

#3 was my easiest baby – probably some combo of her personality and me being more relaxed. However as she is now nealy 5 she is petty rotten :-) I think way more attention and leeway so we did hat to ourselves.

Amy @ Fearless Homemaker August 13, 2014 at 10:37 am

Oh, how darling! Congratulations!

Nirupama August 13, 2014 at 10:46 am

Congratulations! We did a balloon reveal at Disney last year and it was so fun but we didn’t think to video tape it. So glad you did that.

We have the same mix as y’all. Boy (5.5), girl (3) and newborn boy. I don’t have much advice beyond be kind to yourself. Take time to enjoy your new family and let go of the guilt and cleaning, etc. I also found that taking time for a long shower everyday by myself really helps!

Kelli August 13, 2014 at 11:32 am

Congratulations!!!! I’m hoping for a healthy baby boy as well

Karis August 13, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Congratulations! We are having baby #3 at our house in February, Lord willing. I might steal your idea of the balloons in a box-what a great idea! Praying for a healthy rest of your pregnancy and a wonderfully healthy baby boy, too. How exciting!

Cindy August 13, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Great reveal!! Congratulations to your growing family!! :)

Sarah K August 13, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Yay brother!!!!!!

Julie August 13, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Love love love the fact that even tho you’re sitting there with your baby belly they still think the baby might be in the box!!! Too cute !! Congrats Julie from nz

Kate @ Songs Kate Sang August 13, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

Diana Trautwein August 13, 2014 at 6:14 pm

So sweet!!! Congrats all round – can’t wait to say ‘welcome to the world’ to this blessed boy.

Cara August 13, 2014 at 8:14 pm

So fun! I love their reaction– almost (but not really;) makes me think about a third;)

Paige August 14, 2014 at 2:14 pm

With #3 be prepared for anything. I prayed for our 3rd to be the “laid back- go with the flow baby” and he is anything but that. …..he has been my most challenging…in every way….and even now at 21 months he is rocking my world. We also started a business a few months before he came so that was difficult in the fact that it changed my husbands role at home drastically…..but with a whole lot of faith and prayer we are hanging on and loving life. Wouldn’t change it for the world!