Introducing My Book

by jessicaturner on June 25, 2014

I’ll admit, this wasn’t quite when I planned to introduce the little beauty I have been working on for the past 18-months.

However, since that crazy swimsuit post went viral and many of you saw the book first on HuffPost Parents, I figure it’s time.

Actually, before I do that… may I first say thank you to each of you who have encouraged me in the past week. I never expected a picture of me in a bathing suit to flood Facebook like it did. I am humbled by your kindness and inspired by your courage. Truly. I’ve cried many times this week, reading your comments and emails. So thank you for inviting me into your story.

Okay… back to the book.

Without further adieu, I’m delighted to introduce my forthcoming book, The Fringe Hours: Making Time for You.

The Fringe Hours by Jessica N Turner

Isn’t the cover beautiful? I adore it.

Some of you might remember this fall when I conducted a short survey for women about how they spend their time, the struggles women face today and what they are passionate about. The response was overwhelming. More than 2,000 women shared their stories, and they are woven into the pages of this book. I also share how I prioritize making time for myself, easy ways to find those fringe hours amidst a busy life and so much more.

The Fringe Hours is a practical, encouraging and useful book. I wrote it for each of you and am so excited for its February 2015 release.

Because chances are you are busy. And you need to nurture yourself a little more. At least most of the women that I surveyed did. :) The Fringe Hours is the perfect resource to help you do that.

I hope you are excited. I am. (You can preorder it on Amazon. I know it seems like February is forever away, but preorders let Amazon know, hey, I’m excited about this first-time author’s book!)

Love to you all today.

Sarah k June 25, 2014 at 6:18 am

Sending you congrats on a number of levels today, friend. What an exciting time for you!!!

Sarah June 25, 2014 at 6:44 am

LOVE the cover! And the topic couldn’t be more relevant to me. :) So excited for you….I plan to preorder! Congratulations, Jessica.

jessicaturner June 25, 2014 at 9:27 am

Thanks for preordering!

Alise June 25, 2014 at 7:20 am

I’m so happy for you! I can’t wait to read it!

Claire June 25, 2014 at 8:01 am

Thrilled for you, and excited to read the book!

Diane Taylor June 25, 2014 at 8:17 am

That cover is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I will be reading this book, carving out time for ourselves sounds easy but we all know it is not. And I have to add this: I commented (for the first time on this blog) on the swimsuit post, sharing the story of the loss of my son and the weight gain that has followed. I got so many beautiful comments, it made me cry and smile and nod and just feel like I am not alone in this journey. It is what I love most about the blogging community. So THANK YOU, Jessica, for writing a post that hit home with so many of us. I don’t have a blog but I read so many of them and this is the first time I have shared about my son and his sudden passing (he died in a fire in his first apartment).

Congrats on your first book – I know it will be a best seller!

xxoo – Diane

jessicaturner June 25, 2014 at 9:27 am

You are so very kind. Thank you for your encouragement. Best to you!

Robin B June 25, 2014 at 8:49 am

Jessica! This post makes me so happy! I’m so excited to work with you on this book!

jessicaturner June 25, 2014 at 9:28 am

The feeling is mutual!

Mandy June 25, 2014 at 8:56 am

Just thrilled for you Jessica!! Loved our conversation a few months back and glad I could be a part of your journey! I’ve since made much more time for myself and it’s amazing how much more smoothly life runs ;-) plus baby stopped nursing…gaining hours back in the day is awesome! Preordering now and I can’t wait to dig in! Many congrats to you!!

jessicaturner June 25, 2014 at 9:28 am

Yay to gaining hours! Thanks for preordering.

Sarah m June 25, 2014 at 9:20 am

Congrats! I am a big believer in this concept! I can’t wait to read it…next year, though, oy. Why does publishing take so long?! :)
Sarah M

jessicaturner June 25, 2014 at 9:28 am

That’s the truth! Hoping the time flies by. Can’t wait to get it in people’s hands.

Honor June 25, 2014 at 10:47 am

Beautiful Jessica!
Thank you for shining your bright light all over. So excited for you, and for all of us who get to read your inspiration. Congrats!
Love love love.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson June 25, 2014 at 10:56 am

Congratulations! That cover is indeed stunning! Looking forward to your book!

Jules June 25, 2014 at 12:33 pm

This book looks great. I love the cover. Such a great design & title. I can’t wait until February. I might have to put it on my birthday list!!!! Congratulations.

Stephanie Click June 25, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I’m so thrilled for you!!! I can’t wait to get my hands on your book!!!!

Sarah June 25, 2014 at 1:21 pm

That is perfect for our time, this generation of women, how wonderful. My husband and I have two full time (out of the home) jobs and tow full tilt boys under five! There is no time!

February is too far away!

Do you know when they’ll have the Kindle edition up for pre-order? Maybe I’ll pre-order both and give one to a friend.

Ooh it should be a Bloom book!

In case you can’t tell I’m having all the feelings about this book.

jessicaturner June 25, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I don’t know Sarah. Hopefully soon. Thanks for your excitement!

Shelbie June 25, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Congratulations on your book!! I can’t wait to get my copy. :) Thanks also for your swimsuit post. I went out this week And bought a new suit that I’m going to break in today as I play in the pool with my kiddos. The reminder was just what I needed. Thank you for that. Many blessings to you!

Nurse Bee June 25, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I can’t wait to read it!!

Anna Logue June 25, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Can you please make this available on kindle? Thanks :)

Alison June 26, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Hi Jessica, I’d love to feature it on Readerly before it releases. If you are collaborating with a publisher for advance readers, I’d love to be a part of that. Blessings to you!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) June 27, 2014 at 3:02 am

So thrilled for you — and for all of us who get to learn your secrets! You are the most efficient, balanced, working mother I know. I have such deep admiration and respect for you. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with the rest of us! :) (And I love the cover too!)

Kristina June 28, 2014 at 2:20 pm

How wonderful! I bet it’s going to be amazing! Congrats to you, friend and SO excited for all that has been happening for you lately! What a whirlwind, huh?! XO!

Meredith Bernard July 12, 2014 at 8:12 pm

So excited for this book! Congratulations on both of your new coming babies. :D xoxo

Christy July 19, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Congrats Jessica! I am off to pre-order it now.

jessicaturner July 21, 2014 at 6:03 am