Works for Me Wednesday: Fighting Allergies

by jessicaturner on April 16, 2014

SpringThe trees and tulips are in bloom and allergy season is in full-swing – especially in Nashville. Both Matthew and Adeline suffer from seasonal allergies and we are constantly looking for new ways to help ease their frustration.

They do it all to keep the allergies at bay – from bathing every evening to wash the day’s pollen off to eating local honey. It is not fun. I feel so sorry for them, especially sweet Adeline. Her nose is constantly running.

Needless to say, when I received this opportunity to do a sponsored post for Febreze Allergen Reducer Refresher, I totally said yes.

From Febreze:

This new product eliminates odors and reduces up to 95% of inanimate allergens from pollen, pet dander, and dust mite matter that cause discomfort when breathed in from the air.  Its Trap & Lock technology keeps allergens on soft fabrics, such as couches, curtains and carpets, from becoming airborne.

When I got the product, I immediately sprayed it on our couches, pillows and curtains. The one I tried was odorless, but they also make several with light fragrances.

Febreze1

While I can’t say that our family’s allergies are better this year since trying Febreze Allergen Reducer Refresher, I do like that this product has allowed us to treat another area of our home that we have previously not treated. It certainly hasn’t hurt!

If you or someone you know is an allergy sufferer, I would recommend checking this product out and seeing if it helps with your allergy symptoms. It is available at all major retailers including Target (I always love an excuse to go to Target)! I saw it at the grocery store last night.

How do you treat seasonal allergies?

Jacqueline April 16, 2014 at 10:41 am

I suffer from allergies, too. It is miserable! I haven’t wanted to go the route of prescriptions/injections, but OTC meds had stopped working. So, I am trying essential oils from Young Living. So far, it is working.

Shondra Cohall April 16, 2014 at 1:40 pm

What oils are you using Jacqueline. I would like to go the natural route with my families seasonal allergies as well.

Brittany Steiger April 17, 2014 at 12:42 am

Shondra- I use doTERRA . An allergy bomb ! Lemon, lavender and peppermint. They also just came out with a new product called triease. ..those 3 EO’s In a softgels form. If you want more info, let me know!

Jess-good to know! I may totally check that stuff out! Is it

Brittany Steiger April 17, 2014 at 12:43 am

That was silly…is it scented?

Sue April 16, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Hi
I am enjoying reading your thoughts! I have just finished reading Patrick Holfords book The new optimum nutrition bible and he has a good sized section on allergies and possible ways to address them!
We live in Perth and have a lot of pollens in spring that drive us nuts!
I am thinking of dosing ourselves up on the nutrients and minerals he suggests and seeing if this helps!
Cheers
Sue

Nurse Bee April 16, 2014 at 7:27 pm

My husband claims local honey helps. I need to get some as he and my 3 year old are already getting hit with allergies!

Karen April 17, 2014 at 4:56 am

My son suffers from terrible seasonal allergies. Prescription medication stopped being effective and we were tired of medicating him constantly. A friend of mine suggested a visit to a chiropractor. We went once a week for four weeks and now as needed. We’ve been back once this spring and his allergies are totally under control.

Rebecca April 17, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Hi Jess

I work for an allergy specialist and allergy season is certainly getting into swing in the Uk. One of the biggest pieces of advice my specialist recommends us take your allergy medicine at night or before you go to bed. It needs to be taken at a time when the pollen count is lower. A lot of people take it in the morning so by the time the meds kick in the pollen count is at it’s highest- therefore less effective.

jessicaturner April 18, 2014 at 10:14 am

That’s a great tip- thank you!

Cody Doll April 20, 2014 at 2:11 am

I have really bad allergies and I always wondered if this would help.

Iris May 1, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Hi Jessica! I am so sorry your hubby and daughter suffer with allergies! They are the worst! I would love to send you some Young Living essential oils to try! If interested, email me!