While Elias enjoys the Lego magazine, it is the Zoobooks that really inspires him and that he goes back to day after day.
- Each issue has a theme: Rather than being all over the place with lots of different animla content, each issue focuses on a theme. Elias has received magazines about lions; insects; ducks, geese and swans; and baby animals. Elias loves learning all about that one topic with each issue.
- Great photography: The images are very National Geographic-like and super high quality. The awesome images are a big reason Elias loves to look at them over an over.
- Age-appropriate, thoughtful activities: Each issue includes fun activities related to the theme that are well-thought out and age-appropriate. For instance, the insect magazine had a maze where Elias had to match the insect with the picture that shows how it moves (ie: a grasshopper springs like a pogo stick).
- Inspires quality-time together: When Elias receives a Zoobook in the mail, you can count on quality time being spent together. Whether it’s Elias and Matthew reading the articles together or Elias showing Adeline photos and telling her about them, this magazine brings our family together.
- It encourages learning: Most importantly, these magazines encourage learning! I truly believe Zoobooks is a worthwhile investment for children.
Zoobooks is offering a great promotion right now – get FREE Animal Stickers, FREE Animal Poster and FREE New Digital Editions with a subscription, which is just $19.95 for one year (6 issues).
Now is a great time to order because you would likely get your first issue in late-spring, early summer – perfect for summer vacations and days at home. Maybe a good Easter gift?
Zoobooks is recommended for ages 6-12, but I totally think 5 is the perfect age to start it. For younger kids, they offer junior versions of the magazine. I think I might order the Zootles for Adeline for her 3rd birthday.
As a mom, I have been consistently impressed with the content of Zoobooks. We have had our subscription for about eight months and I can’t recommend it enough. When I was little, we received Zoobooks for years and I love seeing my kids enjoy them now. I know it is a subscription we too will have for many years.
Zoobooks is also offering a great deal on this Zoobooks book set. Get 8 Zoobooks BOOKS + a Zookeeper holder for $19.90 (retail value nearly $70)! Elias asked for this for his birthday. You can’t beat the price of 8 books for $20. If you have a little boy in your life, I’m sure he would love it too.
I hope this inspires you to check out Zoobooks – your family will be glad you did!
Do you subscribe to any magazines for your kids?
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. We just genuinely love Zoobooks and I thought it would be something many of you would want to check out as well. Links used are compensated affiliate links, so thank you for clicking!