Are You Chasing God?

by jessicaturner on January 3, 2014

My best friend Angie Smith’s new book, Chasing God released this week. Will you start your new year by picking up a copy?

Angie’s publisher loved the book so much that they changed it from paperback to hardcover. That is a big deal in the publishing world, my friends. And when you read this book, you’ll see why they made the change.

Check out this short video of Angie reading a few words from the book.

I just started reading it and read almost half in one sitting – I couldn’t put it down.

Angie’s writing is raw and transparent about her realization that instead of following God, she was chasing Him. As I read her words, I realized that they could have been my own. And chances are, many of you will relate as well.

I think you will be incredibly moved by this book.

Michele January 3, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I pre-ordered this when she first announced it and can’t wait for it to come in… preparing to be brought to my knees and challenged and overjoyed :)

Cindy January 3, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I bought the book today after reading your post. Can’t wait to start reading it tonight.

Jamie ivey January 3, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I can’t wait to read this one. I started her other one today and cried my way through 3 miles on the treadmill!

Rhonda Quaney January 6, 2014 at 9:42 am

So good to hear her words wash over my heart! Love your web site too! Very fun and bright. Reflects your heart so well.

Susan V January 6, 2014 at 10:25 am

Looks like a great book! Thanks for the give-away!

Angela January 6, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I bought this book at Lifeway on Friday and then read your post. I heard Angie speak at a dotMom convention in Dallas last February and was so challenged by her words. I love her authenticity and humor!!! What a great friend to have!!!

Susan January 6, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I purchased this book over the weekend – - I had chosen the word “follow” to be my one word in 2014 – - and when I heard about this book I knew it was one I wanted to read (I’ve read Angie’s other books – so I knew I would be challenged by it’s message).

I hope you will do a bloom book club discussion on it!

jessicaturner January 6, 2014 at 2:20 pm

It is on Recommended Reads this week!