Beautiful Ruins: I read this book upon the recommendation of a respected writer friend, who said: “What an epic feat of the imagination! By the time I reached the climactic scene, tears spreading sloppily on my cheeks, I knew without a doubt that I could never have dreamed up and woven together such a novel.” He was right. A fantastic book that spans 50 years.
Surprised by Motherhood: Everything I Never Expected about Being a Mom: My friend Lisa-Jo writes about motherhood like no one else I know. Her first book releases in April and while it is a memoir of her story, I found myself crying at multiple points in the book because I so closely related to the emotions she writes about. If you are a mother, definitely preorder this book.
Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life: This book by my friend Crystal Paine is one every woman needs. Crystal’s clean, no-nonsense writing style is refreshing and inspiring. The start of the year is the perfect time to read this excellent book.
While I didn’t hit my goal of reading 30 books in 2013, I am incredibly happy I read 25. 2 books a month isn’t bad. I’m looking forward to trying again in 2014!
Next week I am kicking off a fun series called My 10 Favorite Books. I’ll kick things off, then each day after that, a friend will share her 10 favorite books of all time. I think y’all are going to love it.
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life (December)
- Beautiful Ruins (November)
- Surprised by Motherhood: Everything I Never Expected about Being a Mom (November)
- How Did I Get So Busy?: The 28-day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule, and Reconnect with What Matters Most (October)
- 100 Ways to Happiness: A Guide for Busy People (October)
- The Mother’s Guide to Self-Renewal: How to Reclaim, Rejuvenate and Re-Balance Your Life (October)
- The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time (October)
- Let Hope in: 4 Choices That Will Change Your Life Forever (September)
- Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live (September)
- A Reliable Wife (September)
- MAKE IT HAPPEN in Ten Minutes a Day: The Simple, Lifesaving Method for Getting Things Done (August)
- A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself(August)
- Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World (August)
- Organized Simplicity (May)
- Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes (May)
- You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) (May)
- Tell Your Time: How to Manage Your Schedule So You Can Live Free (May)
- What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: A Short Guide to Making Over Your Mornings–and Life (May)
- Big Stone Gap (April)
- Life After Art: What You Forgot About Life and Faith Since You Left the Art Room (March)
- Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn (March)
- Real. Life. Photography (February)
- Prayer: Finding the Heart’s True Home (January)
- Lucia, Lucia (January)
- Mommy Grace: Erasing Your Mommy Guilt (January)
Past Month’s Recaps: