Project Life Tuesday: Week 42

by jessicaturner on November 12, 2013

Project Life

Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2013 If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited five-year-old, and Adeline, a spunky two-year-old. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

Each Tuesday, I share my most recent spread as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. Some links are affiliate links.

Week 42: October 13-19
Pages used: Design A, Design D, 6×12 page for 6×4 photos

This week came together very quickly – probably because we didn’t take a ton of photos. The majority of this week’s photos are from our trip to the pumpkin patch. I stuck with all black and white journaling cards, along with a few black, white and orange stickers, to create a Halloween feel to the spread. I REALLY love how this spread turned out.

Project Life

For the first page, I added some washi tape to the date card to tie the black and white theme together.

IMG_3301

I love the smile/hello friend stickers (by Pebbles) used on the bottom left image. I also like the look of the journaling on the black and white lines.

IMG_3295

On the 6×12 insert, I added a strip of polka-dotted washi tape to add some visual interest to the insert. I love how this breaks up the spread. SO fun and easy. I also used a few more of the Pebbles stickers.

IMG_3297

The design D page has just two more photos from the pumpkin patch on the left. The rest of the page is random photos from the week that I tied together with one journaling card. I love the Heidi Swapp sticker letters I added to two of the photos. I also used a few Martha Stewart orange office labels.

I think this week is a great reminder that you don’t have to go crazy with embellishments to have a very cohesive spread.

The Mom Creative
Your turn to link up! Also, just a friendly reminder to please remember to link back to The Mom Creative in your posts. Thank you!

Ashley McFarland November 12, 2013 at 9:57 am

I love weeks like this when the spread can all be about one thing – usually it’s just random pictures for each week but I love how every now and then there will be a group of shots all from one event! I’m all about low-embellishment spreads lately with a 1 year old running around the house :) Thanks for sharing!

jessicaturner November 12, 2013 at 11:55 am

I love when that happens now and then too. :)

Nirupama November 12, 2013 at 10:44 am

I really like how it turned out as well. Sometimes simpler is better ;)

jessicaturner November 12, 2013 at 11:55 am

I agree. :)

yin November 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Love your Pumpkin patch page and the little captions all over. That’s all it takes!

Cody Doll November 12, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I have been following your blog since last christmas and I love the idea of project life. I am thinking about buying one for me but I have no idea where to start. Do you have any tips? I am really curious about printing photos. Do you use Walgreen or online places? I have sooo many questions.

jessicaturner November 13, 2013 at 5:29 am

This post should help answer a lot of your questions: http://www.themomcreative.com/2013/01/project-life-tuesday-20-questions-answered.html

I use Walgreens for most of my photo printing. I print large photos on my home printer.

Kristin November 12, 2013 at 9:58 pm

This year is my first year doing project life. So far, I’m loving it! I’ve had to spread my layouts into two albums. I know that you do multiple albums each year. I was wondering whether you had ever done a post on what you do for the cover pages and the end pages of the “in-between” albums. Looking for ideas…

jessicaturner November 13, 2013 at 5:28 am

I have not done a post for the cover and end pages, but you can find lots of samples on Pinterest.

Jenna November 13, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I love seeing your spreads each week and getting PL inspiration from you! Random question- recently I’ve been noticing you don’t use filler cards (at least the past few weeks when I realized), just photos and journaling cards. Is that because you have so many pictures you want to use? And what do you do with all your filler cards?

jessicaturner November 14, 2013 at 6:14 am

What do you mean by “filler” cards? Cards that just have a design on them, but aren’t necessarily intended for journaling? If so, yes, I don’t use these very often. I tend to have lots of photos, so those types of cards aren’t a good use of the slots for me. I have used them in the past though. Just rarely. :)

Veronica November 26, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Hi Jessica!

How/where exactly did you stick the polka-dot washi tape on the 6X12 page?

Veronica

jessicaturner November 26, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Just along the side and then wrapped it to the other side.

Veronica November 27, 2013 at 1:15 am