It was so nice to finish several books this month! With only three months left in the year, I don’t know if I am going to hit my goal of reading 30 books this year (I would need to at least read 4 books a month), but we’ll see.
Here’s what was on my nightstand in September.
Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live: Emily Freeman’s new book just released this week and it is nothing short of life-changing. I can’t stop talking about this book. I think it is one of the best Christian books I have in the last few years. A must-read. Trust me and get this book. (Check out the video trailer for it. Love, love, love.)
A Reliable Wife: This book takes place in the early 1900s and is about a man who places an ad for a “reliable wife.” The plot moves quickly and takes several unexpected turns. This book had mixed reviews on Amazon, but I absolutely loved it.
Let Hope in: 4 Choices That Will Change Your Life Forever by Pete Wilson also released this week and is another great read. The scriptural truths in the book about the hope found in Christ, no matter our past and/or present circumstances in inspiring. This book will forever be on my list to give to hurting people in my life.
Kids Books Shout-Out
I know I don’t normally share the kids books that we have been reading, but I would be remiss to not share a few of them.
Audrey Bunny: Many of you know and love my friend, Angie Smith. Her children’s book released this week and might I be so bold as to say it is a must for Christian families to own? Seriously. The truths she weaves into the story are sacred and beautiful. And the illustrations are incredible. It’s hardcover and on sale right now for just $8.99. Go get a copy for your family.
Llama Llama and the Bully Goat: I am such a huge fan of the Llama Llama books and this might be a new favorite to me because it teaches kids the important lesson of being kind to our friends. The illustrations are adorable and the signature rhyme style is so fun to read.
Also, if you haven’t taken advantage of this exclusive recordable storybook promotion yet, be sure to check it out. This sale is incredible (up to 80% off!) and an awesome opportunity to buy some meaningful gifts at a great price.
Books read to date:
- Let Hope in: 4 Choices That Will Change Your Life Forever (September)
- Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live (September)
- A Reliable Wife (September)
- MAKE IT HAPPEN in Ten Minutes a Day: The Simple, Lifesaving Method for Getting Things Done (August)
- A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself(August)
- Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World (August)
- Organized Simplicity (May)
- Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes (May)
- You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) (May)
- Tell Your Time: How to Manage Your Schedule So You Can Live Free (May)
- What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: A Short Guide to Making Over Your Mornings–and Life (May)
- Big Stone Gap (April)
- Life After Art: What You Forgot About Life and Faith Since You Left the Art Room (March)
- Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn (March)
- Real. Life. Photography (February)
- Prayer: Finding the Heart’s True Home (January)
- Lucia, Lucia (January)
- Mommy Grace: Erasing Your Mommy Guilt (January)
Disclosure: Some links are affiliate links