You know how some people read a ton in the summer? Not me. I didn’t read ONE BOOK in June or July. I think because every spare minute was spent planning Adeline’s Sesame Street party and Elias’s pirate party. (Good thing I enjoy party planning as much as reading!)
I did read a few books in August, but I am still behind my goal of 30 books this year – and behind on my updates since it is September 6! Thankfully, I have two trips later this month, so I am hoping to get a bunch of airport and airplane reading done. Here’s what I read.
A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself: Elsie and Emma’s new book does not disappoint. It is chock-full of beautiful photos and inspiration. A must-buy for any photo lover.
Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World: Like I said in my Friday links post, I loved this book! It has super short chapters, which for some reason always motivates me because you fly through them, you know? Tsh is a great storyteller and it feels like you are just hanging out together as you read the book. Go pre-order this gem!
MAKE IT HAPPEN in Ten Minutes a Day: The Simple, Lifesaving Method for Getting Things Done: I read this book over the course of a few mornings. Loved its simple advice. So motivating and inspiring.
The books that are on my list for September include:
A Reliable Wife: This book takes place in the early 1900s and is about a man who places an ad for a “reliable wife.” The book received mixed Amazon reviews, but I am loving it.
Million Little Ways, A: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live: This book is rocking my world right now. SO fantastic.
Jesus Feminist: An Invitation to Revisit the Bible’s View of Women: I am SO excited about this book. I think Sarah Bessey is brilliant and know I am going to love it.
The Postmistress: I recently picked this up at the used book store and it looks soooo good.
Books read to date:
- MAKE IT HAPPEN in Ten Minutes a Day: The Simple, Lifesaving Method for Getting Things Done (August)
- A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself(August)
- Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World (August)
- Organized Simplicity (May)
- Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes (May)
- You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) (May)
- Tell Your Time: How to Manage Your Schedule So You Can Live Free (May)
- What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: A Short Guide to Making Over Your Mornings–and Life (May)
- Big Stone Gap (April)
- Life After Art: What You Forgot About Life and Faith Since You Left the Art Room (March)
- Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn (March)
- Real. Life. Photography (February)
- Prayer: Finding the Heart’s True Home (January)
- Lucia, Lucia (January)
- Mommy Grace: Erasing Your Mommy Guilt (January)
Disclosure: Some links are affiliate links