Enjoying Time Outside in the Morning

by jessicaturner on July 29, 2013

Lately I have really been enjoying sitting on my deck in the early morning, especially on the weekends. Our yard has a lot of trees and is very peaceful. I have spent several mornings reading and writing at our new patio set from Sam’s Club. It’s been glorious.

We have had a couple really nice weekend mornings where it hasn’t been too hot, so the kids have also enjoyed morning weather on the deck, with me sitting nearby.

Previously, we didn’t have a place to sit, so they would play outside with me in the kitchen with the patio door open to listen in on them. Or I would pull a chair from our dining room table onto the deck – not exactly convenient!

A couple weeks ago, we decided to get an early start and go out on the deck in our pjs.

I pulled a chair from our set near an outlet so I could plug my laptop in and still engage with the kids while they played. It was perfect. I was able to work on photos for Project Life and they had a blast running around, hula-hooping, playing in the sandbox and singing.

While out there, I filmed this little video. It’s real life. Silly play, mixed with a little bit of Adeline pushing her brother over singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star instead of the ABCs. Classic.

Do you ever go outside in the morning?

This is the third in a series of posts about the patio table sent to me for review by Sam’s Club. All thoughts and love for it are my own. Read part one here and part two here.

Andrea July 29, 2013 at 7:24 am

I am seriously dying over the cuteness of Adeline hula hooping in her own way!!!! Precious beyond any words that I can find other than these!!! Thanks so much for sharing this.

jessicaturner July 29, 2013 at 9:06 am

I KNOW!! She KILLS me. :)

Ashley July 29, 2013 at 8:30 am

Nothing is cuter than a 2 yr old singing…and hula hooping!! Love it!!!

Amanda July 29, 2013 at 9:54 am

Because I am at work at 7:00 a.m., my outside “me” time is in the evening, when I can go for a run or hunt japanese beetles or toodle around in the garden in the cool(er) air. I think both sides of the day are so refreshing–it is a good time to be quiet and sit back and just be. And I loved your video–thanks for sharing this peek into your life. (I’m sure Elias will be especially grateful for it when you show him his burping song in about 10 years 😉 )

Jodi @ Mom's Favorite Stuff July 29, 2013 at 1:08 pm

We just got a brand-new deck added to our house, and I can so appreciate the joys of being able to spend some time outside working.

Molly Gold July 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I love sneaking out to my deck in the morning before everyone is up ~ the calm before the mayhem that is our busy days =) And I’m totally guilty of working on the deck every chance I get ~ one of the best parts of working from home is surrounding myself with that kind of beauty.

Jennifer D July 29, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Cute video!!

Karol July 29, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Working at a school gives me the best benefit of having the summers off with my kids. One of my favorite things to do is get up early before the kids, take my coffee outside. My kids love to sleep in so some mornings I will let them sleep extra long to enjoy my time outside.

Crissy August 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm

You know, I used to outside in the morning when I was younger, but now, it’s all I can do to even move in the mornings! I need to make the effort more often.

Kristin August 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I just love enjoying a cuppa joe outside in the AM when it’s not too hot!