Little Swimmers and Getting Wet

by jessicaturner on June 24, 2013

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Huggies, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #HuggiesSwimmers  http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.

One of my favorite summertime activities is to get wet. Swimming, sprinklers, fountains, water parks – you name it, I love it.

Because Adeline is still in diapers, swim diapers are a must for us. Last week, before leaving for my weekly Target trip, I downloaded this coupon for $1.50 off Huggies Little Swimmers. It’s crazy to me that this was probably the last time I will ever buy swim diapers for Adeline since we hope she’ll potty train soon.

(By the way, don’t be like me and look for them in the diaper aisle. The swim diapers were actually on an end cap on the main aisle, along with some adorable swimsuits.

I opened the pack of Huggies Little Swimmers promptly when I got home and divided them in half – one half for day care since she has water day every Thursday and Friday (so fun!) and one half in our swim bag.

I have found that keeping them in the same spot makes it easy when we decide to swim last minute, like we did this past weekend at our friends’ neighborhood’s pool.

I put on Adeline’s swim diaper and swimsuit once we got to the pool. (It can be bad news if you put a swim diaper too far in advance of the pool!) Love that cute bottom in her Little Swimmer. Pooh and baby fat gets me every time. :)

The kids had a blast splashing, swimming and playing together. Don’t you love when friends feel like family?

Unfortunately the pool had to close early because of thunder, but that didn’t stop us from getting silly poolside.

Also, I feel like it would be remiss not to mention that while my body doesn’t look like it once did and I don’t love putting on a swimsuit, that never stops me from swimming with my kids. Ever. I want to make memories together and I know that my less-than-perfect tummy will not be what they remember.

If you have a “Little Swimmer” at home, I want to encourage you to get wet with them. It will bless you – and them.

Do you swim with your kids? If you have little ones, do you use Huggies Little Swimmers?

Erin @ Home with the Boys June 24, 2013 at 10:59 am

We all LOVE to get wet in the summer, too! And I love that you mention that moms shouldn’t let self-image get in the way of enjoying water fun with their kids! It’s too fun to let that get in the way!

And we are big fans of Little Swimmers! Our youngest is 15 months and he loves the water as much as his older brothers so we’re stocking up for this summer!

Shelbie June 24, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I love to swim with my kiddos! We have so much fun splashing together! While I do use the little swimmers diapers some, I really love my reusable swim diapers. They’ve lasted quite well and at $10 each they were a great investment. I think I got mine at Whole Foods.

jennifer {studiojru} June 24, 2013 at 2:02 pm

oh how fun! love all the summer swimmers photos, jessica! and i love that you get right in there with them. those are sweet memories that will last!

Brooke McGlothlin (@BrookeWrites) June 24, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I love to swim with my boys, but I’ve had an earache for the last few days so the last several times we’ve been to the pool I’ve just dipped my toes in. My newly 8 year old really wanted mom to get in the pool one evening, and I guess he was tired of me whining about my ear, so he looked at me and said, “Mom, be a MAN and get in the pool!”

Little swimmers are the best :)

Ashley June 24, 2013 at 3:39 pm

After reading something you wrote a couple of years ago about not sacrificing memories because of my insecurity or vanity, I take every opportunity to swim with my kids now. You are so right, they will not remember that I wasn’t the size I wished I were, they will remember that mom got in the pool to play. I can’t tell you how much that encouraged and humbled me! Thank you!
And with one still not fully potty trained, we rely on the Little Swimmers daily!

Kristin June 24, 2013 at 7:01 pm

We love the pool! We’ve already spent HOURS there this summer. Thankfully, it’s close to our house. And, admittedly, I love my swim dress from Lands’ End. :)

Meghan June 24, 2013 at 8:05 pm

We love to get wet in the spring/summer. We live at the pool it seems like. We also LOVE Huggies Little Swimmers. That is all we use.

Rebecca June 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm

My littles are past this point, but oh, what a blessing they were!!! I know you are all going to enjoy a fun, wet and wonderful summer – but what is it with all the rain and thunder this year? It’s been like that here, to.

Sami Cone June 25, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Don’t know how I would have made it through all those toddler years living in Florida without Little Swimmers!!! Even remember days when we ran out on vacation and hung them up to dry and re-used them just like a regular swimsuit ;)

ohAmanda June 26, 2013 at 6:04 am

Brooke and I discussed being a good “pool mom” on instagram earlier this month–I”m a terrible pool mom! I always think the pool should be a dad job. :)

That being said, I love watching my kids enjoy the pool and from the time they were in swim diapers, I wanted them to enjoy the water. They did swimming lessons this year and had so much fun. I’m just looking forward to the time they can swim and I can read a book on the side. ;)

a

Sarah Halstead (@InTheMomentWith) June 26, 2013 at 10:16 am

Cute photos. :)

Glamamom June 26, 2013 at 10:50 am

ADORABLE photos! Need a good water diaper.

Southern mama June 26, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I prefer reusable swim diapers! Ours have snaps in the side for easy off when messy. And at $10 a pair, they’re cheaper!

Audrey - Mom Generations June 29, 2013 at 3:50 pm

LOVE your post.
I’m telling you with the summer here, I see a TON of these!!!!!

Kate July 1, 2013 at 2:39 pm

My older kids are getting so independent and love to do their own thing in the pool. Scares me to death, but I love that they’re good swimmers. It makes me appreciate the cuddly pool time I get with my little guy who still gets carried around the pool while he flips and flops and splashes. So fun.