Must Watch: Meet Zach Sobiech

by jessicaturner on May 22, 2013

I watched this video yesterday and was incredibly touched by Zach’s story in so many ways.

As a mother.
As someone who works at a Children’s hospital.
As a sister.
As a Christian.
As a person.

This morning I got choked up telling Matthew about it this morning.

Take 20 minutes to watch this video. You will be so blessed.

Vicki May 22, 2013 at 8:52 am

I watched this a couple of days ago, and I can’t get it out of my mind. What a fabulous guy Zach was. All of us who were touched by him (if only through his wise words on this video) have been blessed.

Beth S. May 22, 2013 at 9:17 am

I’m so happy you posted this! I’m from the Twin Cities area where Zach is from. I never met him but have watched him on local news features the last few months. Amazing!

Valerie May 22, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I’ve been following him and his journey for a little while now. He’s touched my life. What an amazing man.

Sarah K May 22, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Yes, I watched this on Monday after I heard about his passing. I’ve had “Clouds” stuck in my head ever since. Such a sweet soul. :)

kristina May 22, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I watched that video a couple of weeks ago and was in tears. What a great guy. Praying for his family.

Robin May 22, 2013 at 2:06 pm

As a Minnesota follower of yours, thank you for sharing this! So touched by Zach and anyone who watches this will be too.

Kim May 22, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Just made me so sad that he said ( in another video on youtube) that dying was scary because he didn’t know what was on the other side or if there was something else. As someone dealing personally with cancer, that would be the worst not having the peace that comes from Jesus and knowing that there is eternal life.

jessicaturner May 22, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Interesting… in this video he talks about how his family has impacted his faith. I believe he had peace.

Heidi Engelbrecht May 22, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I agree Kim, that made me sad as well. The documentary did not depict him as a Believer. Can only hope he found God’s peace before his last breath.

Julie May 23, 2013 at 2:59 pm

This was my hope for him, too. It was such a touching video and that part made me sad. Hoping he had faith that heaven was on the other side!

Cerise May 22, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I watched his story a couple weeks ago and it brought me to tears. He was such an amazing and wonderful human being. So sad that he had to be taken away so early in life.

Amanda May 22, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Tears. His perspective reminds me of your friend Sara. Heaven is an even sweeter place for having them both today.

jessicaturner May 23, 2013 at 9:57 am

I agree.

Debbie May 22, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Tears thru most of the video…..It also reminded me of Sweet Sara……thank you

jessicaturner May 23, 2013 at 9:57 am

Yes, and Sara would have loved this.

becca h May 28, 2013 at 12:49 am

Thanks for sharing Jessica! Made me stick a reminder note on my office desk to treat each day as if it were my last. I’m assured of what I have to look forward when that day comes for me because of the Lord, but I so desperately what to cherish each day that I’m given on this side and this is a sobering reminder. Thanks again,
Becca

bathroom Designs February 3, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Someone necessarily help to make critically articles I would state.

That is the very first time I frequented your
website page and so far? I amazed with the research
you made to create this actual post amazing. Excellent task!

improvement tips August 8, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Hello, this weekend is good in favor of me, since this time i am reading this enormous educational paragraph here at my home.