Project Life Tuesday

by Jamie on April 23, 2013

Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2013 If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited four-year-old, and Adeline, a spunky one-year-old. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

Each Tuesday, I share my most recent spread as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. Some links are affiliate links.

Will I ever be caught up this year on Project Life?

MERCY. It doesn’t feel like it.

Today I planned to share Week 11 and Week 13 (St Patricks and Easter), but it’s not happening. As I’ve mentioned, I was in Salt Lake for the weekend and didn’t get home until 10:30 pm Sunday night. I went to bed with a migraine and had one all day/night yesterday and just couldn’t muster the energy for working on my album. I’m just giving myself grace.

However, I would be remiss not to mention that all Project Life childhood mini kits are 20% off this week.

That means you can get them for only $11.99 – YEOW!

I love these mini kits. They are perfect for adding additional cards to your regular Project Life album or for doing a special project.

You might remember earlier this year when I shared my college album using the childhood Wellington and Bridgeport kits. It came together so quickly and I love how it looks. (Click here to check out that post.)

I would recommend getting at least two of the three designs. Keep in mind that the cards in each are the same – just different color palette. Here you can see cards from Bridgeport and Wellington that I used in my 2013 Project Life album this year.

Here are the links for each kit.

Project Life Childhood Mini Kit – Wellington Edition: This is the “neutral” edition. I love the red, khaki and black colors in this kit. Very “school” like.

Project Life Childhood Mini Kit – Bridgeport Edition: This is the “boy”edition, but I have it and totally used it in my college album. It goes great with both the Seafoam and Jade kits that I am using this year.

Project Life Childhood Mini Kit – Mayfield Edition: This is the “girly edition.” I don’t have this edition, but I’m sure it is awesome just like the other two. :)

This sale ends Saturday, so don’t miss it!

Also, tomorrow I will be launching a two-part series on my hard drive crash, subsequent recovery with Gillware and what to do in the future re: file back-up. It is a MUST READ for all photo lovers, so be sure to stop by! :)

Project Life posts worth checking out
Love Laura Kate’s simple spread, especially the handwriting on her photo.

Check out how Every Hour Here incorporated smaller photos+journaling on 6×4 cards.

This idea for what to do with the “leftover” plastic after trimming a page protector is brilliant!

Your turn to link up! Also, just a friendly reminder to please remember to link back to The Mom Creative in your posts. Thank you!

The Mom Creative

Anne Blackburn April 23, 2013 at 6:26 am

Yeah! Love the self portrait! 😉

jessicaturner April 23, 2013 at 11:25 am

I know, right? One of my favorite cards ever. :)

Nirupama Kumar April 23, 2013 at 9:40 am

Don’t worry! You are more caught up than you would be without Project Life right? 😉 I love the BH mini kits too. I think my favorite is the Holidays Mini Kit. I had two coupons that week so it was only like $8. Such a steal!

jessicaturner April 23, 2013 at 11:24 am

Wait a minute?! Did you get a physical Holidays kit somewhere? I thought they were not out yet? Spill the beans. :)

Nirupama Kumar April 24, 2013 at 9:41 am

No, just digi! But they are ready to print out. Got them at AC Digitals. Highly recommended. I couldn’t wait for the real kit!

Laura Kate April 23, 2013 at 9:58 am

Thanks for linking to my last week’s PL! Very sweet of you :)

jessicaturner April 23, 2013 at 11:25 am

You are very welcome. Thanks for the inspiration!

Denise von Minden April 23, 2013 at 11:39 am

Thank you so much for including a link to my blog! What a treat to discover this morning!!

Violet April 23, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Thanks for hosting this, as always. I know what you mean about wondering if you’ll ever catch up, which is one reason I’m so grateful to you – having the goal of coming here every week makes me want to make sure I have something to link to!

jessicaturner April 23, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Selfishly, that’s why I started Project Life Tuesday. I needed the accountability. :)

Kimberly April 23, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Hope you are feeling better! I don’t think there is anything worse than a migraine. Thanks for hosting! It keeps me accountable also – motivates me to make sure my pages are done. :)

Cara April 29, 2013 at 7:36 am

I just bought the seafoam kit after seeing it in your album — when it came out I didn’t think it was my style, but you changed my mind and once I saw it in person I decided it might be my favorite kit ever! I am using it in a few mini albums including getting my mom started on Project Life. She has seen my albums and bought me a kit for Christmas the past several years and is the person who first told me about it when it was Project 365, but she has never done it herself. I left her with a mini album and the cards after showin her one I put together and she emailed later saying “I get it!!!”:)