Beauty: Finding the Right 3 in 1 Foundation

by jessicaturner on April 17, 2013

COVERGIRL® Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

I’ve never been someone who liked foundation and didn’t start wearing it daily until about two years ago. I have freckles, but my skin is free of blemishes and even in tone (I know I’m lucky).

But as I got older, I realized how important a good base was to ensuring your makeup lasted all day. I have tried a lot of drug store foundations, but never have really landed on one.

So I was excited when COVERGIRL® offered to send me their new COVERGIRL® Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. They dared me to try it all day and see how it lasted.

I had Matthew snap a few pictures of me yesterday morning so you could see how I looked at the beginning of the day. (The metering was dialed up a bit and he didn’t realize it, so forgive that it is a little bright.)

COVERGIRL® Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

You can see my make-up is very even and light. I really like the smooth coverage of COVERGIRL® Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation and that it doesn’t feel cakey at all. This is a big deal because a lot of 3 in 1′s often feel thick, but not this product, which is a primer, concealer and foundation in one. I also like that it has SPF 20 right in it. My previous foundation did not have any SPF in it, and as we are going into summer, that’s an awesome benefit.

I tried to then get a few pictures with Adeline, but she just wanted to run around and was not very cooperative – ha!

Then I headed to work. On my lunch break, I headed to the hospital to see my friend Mandy and her adorable new baby girl, Anne Kiser. Check out how cute she is – and how well my make-up held up.

At the end of the day, I picked up Adeline from daycare and joined Matthew at Elias’s soccer practice. Elias was so excited to see us, he ran off the field in the middle of practicing to hug us. Love that boy.

We took a little photo together on the sidelines while cheering for Elias. You can see that though it is the end of the day, my make-up still looks pretty darn good.

So if you are in the market for a new foundation, I would definitely recommend checking out COVERGIRL® Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. It’s only $8-10, making it super reasonable, too.

What is your primer/concealer/foundation regime?

Disclosure: this post is part of a sponsored series with P&G. Love for my new foundation is totally my own!

Amber C Haines April 17, 2013 at 9:36 am

I love it, Jess. My foundation is Laura Mercier, and it lasts a year, but the price is bonkers. This sounds great.

jessicaturner April 17, 2013 at 10:44 am

I just can’t bear to spend big money on make-up. It’s certainly worth a try! :)

Megan at SortaCrunchy April 17, 2013 at 10:04 am

first of all, how gorgeous are you???

secondly, I’ve worn powdered mineral make-up for years because I never could find a foundation that didn’t feel crazy heavy on my skin. so glad to hear about this stuff! sounds awesome!

jessicaturner April 17, 2013 at 10:44 am

You are too sweet. Thanks, lady.

Mendie April 17, 2013 at 10:20 am

You have such a warm smile. And that nose wrinkle at the end….oh my word. She’s adorable.

I love bare minerals and haven’t used liquid foundation in over 5 years. I will never go back, it feels so light I barely remember I’m wearing anything.

jessicaturner April 17, 2013 at 10:44 am

Thanks, Mendie. Yes, that little nose kills me.

My MIL loves Bare Minerals. I really think this is the lightest foundation I have ever tried.

Mindy April 17, 2013 at 10:53 am

not that you need makeup, but i love the BB cream by Garnier. you can get it at the drugstore & it is amazing! light, covers up & stays put all day! love it!!

Ashley April 17, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Beautiful!! Love your smile!!

jessicaturner April 17, 2013 at 2:01 pm

You are too kind.

Sunshine Farris April 17, 2013 at 12:58 pm

You are too cute and I can’t even tell you are wearing it! Quick question, what color / number are you using and did you put powder over? You look great! :)

jessicaturner April 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm

It’s 845 and nope, no powder! I don’t even own any – ha! :)

Sommer April 17, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I use Double Wear by Estee Lauder in bone/ecru. Depends on the season. I love it!

Kristal April 17, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I use Mary Kay Time-Wise MatteWear foundation for days where I want a fully made-up face
On days when I’m just running errands or hanging out at home, I use Mary Kay’s Tinted Moisturizer with SPF
And on days where I use the Tinted Moisturizer but want a little extra coverage, I add Mary Kay Mineral Powder foundation.

Glamamom April 17, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Wow, you don’t even look like you’re wearing ANY makeup! That’s a good thing.

I wear a tinted moisturizer. Foundation only if I need heavier coverage.

Melissa Chapman {The Staten Island Family} April 17, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I really like how natural it looks- and agree it held up pretty darn well over the course of the day!

Debbie April 17, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Do you know if it is gluten-free?

jessicaturner April 18, 2013 at 6:49 am

Sorry, I don’t!

Jo-Lynne Shane {Musings of a Housewife} April 18, 2013 at 5:40 am

I saw this yesterday on another site, and I admit, I’m intrigued. I usually buy pricier products so I would like to see if this compares. I do like the idea of a 3-in-1. Right now I use primer, foundation, concealer and powder. It takes an age! LOL

Jodi @ Mom's Favorite Stuff April 18, 2013 at 6:59 am

Like JoLynne, I use pricier foundations too. For me, the issue is finding a perfect color match. If I can find something perfect, then it doesn’t matter if it’s a drugstore or department store product.

vera April 18, 2013 at 7:49 am

love products that do multiple things! great product!

Kristin April 18, 2013 at 9:59 am

You look beautiful! I don’t wear foundation every day, but when I do, I use Bobbi Brown’s tinted moisturizer. I’m also a YSL Touche Eclat concealer addict!

Laura P April 18, 2013 at 10:13 am

I like how you can still see your freckles! I have freckles too and struggle to find a foundation that looks natural, because they all cover them up – since I have freckles on my arms and shoulders, too, it just always looks fake when my face doesn’t look like it has freckles.

(I wonder how many times I just typed freckles…)

Anyway, I’ll have to give it a try!

jessicaturner April 18, 2013 at 10:29 am

I totally agree with you. I think you will like it!

Amy from Resourceful Mommy April 18, 2013 at 11:04 am

I’ve been wanting to make a foundation switch and didn’t know where to start. Now I know! Thank you :)

Robin Dance April 19, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I have such dark circles and they only seem to get worse with time; therefore I use an under-eye brightener (sometimes when I’m trying to look my best) but always a concealer (Estee Lauder); my make up is Neutrogena’s. Relatively inexpensive but I couldn’t say it lasts from morning to night. Not sure if that would be helped w/a primer b/c I’ve never taken that step.

Your review has me intrigued, too…. :)

Robin Troxell April 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm

perfect timing as I am almost out of my current foundation. I had been intrigued also by the commercials for BB cream by Garnier as mentioned above. Will take a look at both of these when I am out.

Robin T June 24, 2013 at 9:45 am

Finally got this and really like it! Thanks!