Project Life Tuesday: Week 8

by jessicaturner on March 19, 2013

Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2013 If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited four-year-old, and Adeline, a spunky one-year-old. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

Each Tuesday, I share my most recent spread as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts.

I’m still truckin’ along on my layouts. :) This weekend I finished week eight and week nine. Week nine included my Day in the Life pictures so it is MASSIVE. It feels so good to be in March – ha!

Before I share week eight, I wanted to mention some news:

You might have heard that Lisa Bearnson has teamed up with Becky Higgins to sell two new Project Life kits – Jade and Blush- on HSN this week Monday, the 25th. The kits will include an album, page protectors and either a Blush or Jade edition core kit. The best part is that the kits will be big time “value-priced” and will not be available this cheap anywhere else.

Be sure to come back tomorrow to learn more about the sale + enter to win a kit of your own. I’ll also be sharing my week nine layout featuring all products from the Jade kit. Honestly, I love the Jade kit so much, I might start using it instead of the Seafoam kit. We’ll see. :)

ANYWAY! First things first. Week eight. I love this spread because I kept it pretty simple.

Week eight
Page protectors used: Design F, Design J , and Design A

On the first page, I took advantage of lots of vertical pictures that we took during the week. The first row shows a picture from Matthew’s new radio show, Open Table Live. I love the Who, What, When, Where, Why journaling card next to it. I also used a Dear Lizzy sticker on the date card.

The second row is all pictures of the kids playing together and the last row is our first trip to the park in 2013. All the pictures in the last row are iphone photos.

The Design J insert is mostly Instagram photos (you can follow me here).  I embellished with a few Dear Lizzy stickers. I am loving how well her line works with the Seafoam kit. The last photo on the front side is a 6×4. I cut it in half, then added a grid card to do a bit of journaling in the extra inch. Perfect.

On the back of the insert I used a bit of American Crafts’ My Girl paper in the top 3×4 shot. It’s so cute! I also used a sticker from the line on the bottom picture.

I’ve started to notice that I like my layouts better when I am adding a bit of paper or something extra from my stash. Otherwise, the Seafoam kit is feeling a bit to simple and the cards too similar from week to week. (I think it might be the limited colors in the design, which makes it both really easy to mix extras in and simpler than I am used to. The kit does make a nice base. However, the super simple look is probably why I am also thinking of switching to the Jade kit. Decisions, decisions. :) Anyone else have thoughts about how they are using the Seafoam kit? Am I crazy?)

The last page (Design A) is pretty simple. All of the photos except the top 2 of Adeline were taken with my iPhone.

I have started making it a habit to bring my iPhone into the kids’ school so that I can snap pictures in that very important environment. It’s such a huge part of their story and I want to be sure to capture things like Elias’s class planting seeds!

The smiles sticker is also from the new My Girl collection. I am moderately obsessed with the line because it feels like my heart created it. The papers and stickers are sooooo cute.

Project Life posts worth checking out
I haven’t started using the Baby Core Kit yet for Adeline’s book, but Sarah’s baby pages make me so excited to dig in! I have a feeling April is going to be the month!

Go like the American Crafts Facebook page, then click on the “Project Life printables” button for some cute free card downloads. They match the Blush and Jade kits that are going to be available on HSN. (And while you are on Facebook, like The Mom Creative there too!)

If the idea of a big 12×12 Project Life album overwhelms you, check out Stephanie Howell’s smaller album that she is doing this year. I love that she is using all printable cards/things from her stash. Love her style. Love her.

And one more printable – this “what we watch” printable is so cute. I am definitely going to add it to my album. (If you like the idea of adding printables to your Project Life album, check out my Project Life Printables Pinterest board.)

Your turn to link up! Also, just a friendly reminder to please remember to link back to The Mom Creative in your posts. Thank you!

The Mom Creative

Sarah K March 19, 2013 at 6:54 am

You are so sweet to mention my baby book! Thank you, friend.

I do agree with you about using the Seafoam kit as a base to build off of. I don’t have as many goodies as you in my stash, but I’m taking a similar approach. Plus, I always love how creative you are with different page protectors!

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 7:39 am

My stash goes back 10 years… lol. I bet if I cleaned it out it wouldn’t be as big. :) Thanks for your kind words. The different page protectors really make the album in my opinion.

ee k March 19, 2013 at 8:16 am

I’m using Seafoam too, but I like adding extras as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristy March 19, 2013 at 8:42 am

Love all your inspiration, especially how you incorporate the different page designs. I mostly tend to stick with Design A so I want to branch out more. Love that you are taking your phone into school with you. I need to remember to do this more often as well as my kiddos spend more time there than anywhere else. Thanks so much for this weekly series…helps keep me on track to get my pages finished.

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 9:46 am

I used Design A exclusively for a few years. I think the diversification of page protectors really adds to the total look of the album. Love that PL Tuesday helps you to stay on track. That’s why I started it! It helps me too.

Nubia March 19, 2013 at 10:09 am

Can I just say…I LOVE your handwriting!! :)

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 10:24 am

Awww thank you!! Lots of years practicing I guess. :)

Nicole March 19, 2013 at 11:14 am

I have the Seafoam kit and love its simplicity. Last year I used Clementine which had very bold colors and I almost felt like they competed with the pictures. Seafoam is simple and I feel the pictures “stand” out much more! But I did get the scrapbook paper to add some more of that beautiful coral color…I think they needed more of that color in the core kit!
Nicole

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 11:41 am

Yes to more color. I have surprised myself by how much I have struggled with the Seafoam kit. I didn’t realize how much more color I liked to have in an album. I hear you about not wanting to compete with your pictures. That is always a challenge. I’m excited for you to see the Jade kit tomorrow. I think you will really like it. It is not overly busy, but has a nice pop of color.

Kimberly March 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Your pages are beautiful! I love the Seafoam kit and since I’m using the digital version, I find it easy to swap out a color if I don’t like it. But I am also adding things from my digi stash also. I just purchased the Kraft kit and think it will be a great addition and will go very well with Seafoam.

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I love the kraft kit. :) I think it will be another favorite when the paper kit releases.

Sonya March 19, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I’m excited to see the rest of the kits! I’m sort of glad I went digital this year because they are releasing the new kits each week at AC Digitals! I picked up holidays last week and the Kraft edition yesterday. As much as I want to buy the kit from HSN I don’t know that I will because I don’t use the paper kit like I used to. Maybe I need to buy gifts!

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I was thinking the kits would make a nice gift too. :) I know lots of people that have gone digital. Love that there are so many options to meet people’s needs.

Stephanie Howell March 19, 2013 at 3:11 pm

xoxoxox!

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 3:23 pm

You’re my favorite. :)

Jenny B. March 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Hi Jessica, I just linked up my week 10 post, but I got the little blue frog that says no thumbnail. I am hoping to delete that link and try again, but I can’t figure out how to delete it. Can you help? Thanks!! :)

jessicaturner March 19, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I got it!

Jenny B. March 19, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Wow, that was fast! :) Thanks so much!