Project Life Tuesday: Week 6

by jessicaturner on March 5, 2013

Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2013 If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited four-year-old, and Adeline, a spunky one-year-old. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

Each Tuesday, I share my most recent spread as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts.

Yes, I am still playing the catch-up game, but I’m fine with that. I am LOVING how my album is turning out this year. This weekend I completed this week 6 layout + organized my photos for the rest of February.

Project Life Tuesday: Amy Tangerine Album

American Crafts sent me a fun box of new products this past week. You will definitely be seeing them in the coming weeks in my album. One item that they sent me was this new Amy Tangerine woodgrain chevron album. I decided not to use the coordinating Becky Higgins Project Life album this year because I prefer fabric coated albums. I think they wear better. I haven’t decided what to do with the hole on the cover – I think I might put the year in it.

Week 6: February 3-9
Pages used: Design A, Simple Stories 6×8 insert, Design J, Design B

For the first page, I added Fancy Pants rub-ons from my stash on the date card. I love the pop of color. The Remember This card is from the Seafoam kit, and I made the teeth card to document Adeline getting two new teeth in this week (an idea from Life Out Loud!).

The 6×8 insert is just a fun photo of the kids that Matthew took that Sunday morning before church. I was dying over Adeline’s outfit (especially the red tights and glitter shoes) and so he got a few shots for me.

Project Life Tuesday inserts using rub-ons + instagrams

The back photo is a picture of Adeline and Elias walking into school that I took with my iPhone. It makes my heart explode. I love it SO much. It didn’t need any words. I just added a few Fancy Pants rub-ons along the side.

The Design J insert is all iPhone photos. (If you are on Instagram, be sure to follow me!) I love that the journaling cards in Becky’s new kits are double sided. I was actually able to use the front and the backs of the cards I selected for this page. Cool, huh?

Project Life Tuesday

The last page is a Design B insert, which I am finding I am using more of this year because of the option of horizontal cards in the core kits. The sweet memories sticker is Dear Lizzy (which is one of my favorite lines from American Crafts).

Project Life Tuesday - Vertical photos + Horizontal journaling cards

I love the quote journaling card, and with all the funny things Elias says, I am sure I will be using it a lot.

The brown journaling card is about us having squirrels in our attic. Sometimes, you don’t have a picture for something, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t record the memory.

Project Life posts/freebies worth checking out

Sign upfor Lain Ehman’s FREE March scrapinar on tips for putting those templates, masks, and stencils to work for you. I think it would be so fun to use these tips in Project Life – and you can’t beat free. The scrapinar is on March 21 and if that date doesn’t work, everyone who signs up will have access to a free replay. Click here for more details!

Check out Smiling Colors purple spread. It is a great example that you don’t need a lot of product to document your memories using the Project Life system. Her whole spread is purple cardstock!

Your turn to link up! Also, just a friendly reminder to please remember to link back to The Mom Creative in your posts. Thank you!

The Mom Creative

Disclosure: compensated affiliate link used

Ashley McFarland March 5, 2013 at 6:56 am

Jessica – I LOVE your PL kit choice…you always make your choice shine! I’m currently working with the baby boy and trying out some new things but seeing yours is always an inspiration. I do love those quote cards!

jessicaturner March 5, 2013 at 8:26 am

Thank you. It has taken me a few weeks to get in a grove, but I find myself using my stash and getting more creative, which I love. I can’t wait to dive into the baby girl kit for Adeline. Probably in April, as March is a bit crazy. :)

Ashley McFarland March 5, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I just bought the baby boy kit to start with Blake – I’m incorporating it as part of my bigger PL album for the year but I also bought one of those new mini books and am thinking about using it in there too as a baby album or a first year album or something….haven’t quite decided what I want to do with it yet – hopefully I’ll figure out soon! It helps my boy is only 8 months old so not too bad…I just made him a part of our bigger project life album last year (though he is probably 98% of it – ha!)! So it went from a family album to a baby album quite quickly 😉

ee k March 5, 2013 at 8:04 am

great photos, again. Your kids are too cute :)

jessicaturner March 5, 2013 at 8:25 am

Thanks so much!

Kelsey McEvoy March 5, 2013 at 8:05 am

Oh, yay! You used to teeth chart idea that I used a couple weeks ago! So fun to see it in someone else’s spread :)

I added another creative (by my definition, at least) method of documenting a fun milestone in this week’s spread…make sure to check it out!!

jessicaturner March 5, 2013 at 8:25 am

I loved that idea so much. Totally creative. Thought I had grabbed white cardstock, but it was cream. I just went with it. :) Too cute.

ARC March 5, 2013 at 10:09 am

I love the tooth chart, and I have that woodgrain chevron album for my PL too! I added a little insert with the title and date (super easy to make in Microsoft Publisher):

Love the week title card and the simple elements there.

jessicaturner March 5, 2013 at 11:49 am

Good idea!

Smitha Katti March 5, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Thanks for the shout out Jessica!! I was wondering why people were stopping by my blog today :)

It is completely ironic that after 8 good solid weeks of PL, I missed this tuesdays deadline. The whole house has been ill since friday, and everyone needs sleep! Will catch up next week!

Love your spreads! As usual, they are awesome :)

Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake!) March 5, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Your pictures this week are adorable. I love adding labels for that extra bit of journaling on my photos too. Thanks as always for hosting.

Mindy March 5, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Would you be willing to share your tooth chart?

jessicaturner March 5, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Sorry, I didn’t keep the file.

Kelsey McEvoy March 5, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Hi Minday, I saved my file from a few weeks ago. Click the link to DL the Photoshop file (PSD) :)

Renee VanEpps March 5, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I just found your site, came here from AC. LOVE your PL album – especially the tooth insert, how cute! I’ve never done PL and don’t have the products yet, but can not wait to save up enough money to start my own. I’ve signed up for your email subscription, anxious to learn more ideas and tips for when I do embark on my first album :) TFS

Emily (@ElefantGrace) March 6, 2013 at 8:27 am

I love the addition of the tooth chart!