This summer you might remember that I reviewed a company called Kiwi Crate. Kiwi Crate is a monthly craft kit club for kids.
We loved the kit we reviewed so much that I signed up for a year’s membership.
And after six months, I can honestly say we genuinely LOVE Kiwi Crate. Here’s why:
- Consistency – I love that every month I can count on Kiwi Crate delivering fun crafts for Elias and me to do together.
- Promotes quality time together – Kiwi Crates translate to quality time for me with Elias. Our times making Kiwi Crate crafts are always so special. I love that he loves to craft as much as me.
- The crafts – Kiwi Crate crafts themselves are awesome! They are easy, creative, fun and a joy to do. I am always pleasantly surprised by the crafts each month. I think I get just as excited as Elias to open the box and see what is in store.
- Themes – Each month is a different theme. They are always so well thought-out and creative. For example, this month’s theme is family game night. The kit came with an adorable do-it-yourself board game and a ball toss game complete with homemade rings. After making the crafts, we enjoyed lots of time playing with them – in feet pajamas.
- Educational – Not only are Kiwi Crate’s themes fun and creative, but they are educational too. Some months are overt (ie: space), while others are more conceptual (ie: counting, team-work, etc.)
- The extras – Kiwi Crate is great about including small extras that really enhance the kits. For example, a sticker is included each month with the kiwi bird decked out in the month’s theme. Elias promptly finds the sticker and puts it on each month. The directions come in cute, well-designed little booklets that are super easy to follow. They also include extra activities to do with your crafts.
- Simplistic – I appreciate that while the crafts are well-thought out, they are not time-consuming or complex, which is perfect for Elias’s attention span and my schedule.
- The green box – Kiwi Crate’s exterior packaging is branded in such a fun and memorable manner. Elias gets so excited when he sees that new green box on our front step each month.
- Cost – I wouldn’t normally be someone that would subscribe to a monthly service because it wouldn’t feel frugal to me. However, Kiwi Crate is very cost effective for everything comes in the kit + I don’t have to think about/gather any of the materials. I think it is well worth it, every. single. month.
- Created with busy moms in mind – This is a big one for me. I want to get crafty with my kids (just look at my Pinterest boards). But oftentimes, I don’t have the right supplies, or I go to the craft store and spend a fortune on a bunch of supplies that don’t all get used. Kiwi Crate takes the shopping/gathering out of the process for busy moms and provides you with everything you need to make adorable and fun crafts with your kids. I love that because I know Elias will remember our times together crafting – not that I didn’t make several trips to Michaels buying a bunch of supplies.
So if you haven’t tried Kiwi Crate, I highly recommend it. I think you and your family will really enjoy it!
If you subscribe to Kiwi Crate, will you share in the comments what you love?
Bonus: Through 2/4/13, get 25% off your first order with the coupon code LOVE.
Disclosure: compensated affiliate links used