Project Life Tuesday

by Jamie on December 4, 2012

The Mom Creative
Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2012! If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited four-year-old, and Adeline, a spunky one-year-old. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

Each Tuesday, I share my most recent spread as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is definitely helping to keep me on track!

This week I had big intentions of getting eight weeks of Project Life caught up.

If you follow me on Facebook, you know I was planning to go to a Jenni Bowlin crop Friday night. At the last minute, I decided not to go. I simply had too much on my plate and decided I would rather stay home. It was a great decision. And while I got some Project Life work done, I didn’t get as much done as I planned.

That said, this past week I am proud that I got four week’s worth of photos edited, printed and inserted into my scrapbook. However, I only got the journaling done for one week. I’m hoping I can focus on getting the journaling done on the other three weeks this week and share a video next week of those spreads. We’ll see!

This is one of my simplest weeks of the year. No stickers. No extras. Just Becky Higgins’ journaling cards + photos. I am just thrilled to have the week documented. It doesn’t have to be fancy. :)

Here’s the spread:

Here’s the left side – I got the Dexter and Homeland images from an ad.

And the right – the picture of Elias wearing underwear over his shorts cracks me up. :)

How are you doing? It’s hard to believe we are in the last month of the year. I know it is a busy season, so don’t get discouraged if you are behind.

I have NEVER been this on top of Project Life, and I am still two months behind. That said, I am really hoping to somehow manage to finish my album by the end of the month… Because we are driving for Christmas, I figure I can use some of that time to edit photos. Then I can get them developed at my in-laws and work on my album there (My mother-in-law scrapbooks too, so she will get a kick out of it). But if it doesn’t happen, that’s okay!

Can’t wait to see your pages!

Nirupama December 4, 2012 at 10:17 am

Sounds like a good plan to get caught up! I brought a box home for Thanksgiving. It was a fun way to unwind at night and I got 4 layouts done. Your pages are always so fun. I can’t get over how cute your children are ;)

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 10:37 am

You are too sweet. We are renting a mini-van and will have room to bring extras like Project Life goodies. I’m excited.

ARC December 4, 2012 at 10:28 am

I love all the photos in yours! For me that’s the most important part, rather than all the crafty bits. This week I wasn’t feeling too crafty either. But I’ve always got stuff to journal, and for me that’s more important with respect to capturing our daily lives.

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 10:37 am

Yes, photos + words are what is most important.

Cami December 4, 2012 at 11:50 am

I love the photo of the kids reading on the blanket.
Some weeks it simply isn’t as important to make it over the top creative, just get it done and documented so that the photos can be enjoyed! And you certainly have photos that tell MUCH of the story. Love your pages, as always.

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I think that blanket shot will be a favorite for many years to come.

Sue December 4, 2012 at 1:02 pm

What you call simple and easy still looks great to me :) Love all the bright colours and the smiley faces :)

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 3:24 pm

You are too sweet.

Ashley McFarland December 4, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I love your right hand side spread this week…love the use of the journaling cards! This was one page type I didn’t use a lot before but in the last few weeks I’ve started cutting a lot of my picture down so I can get more on one page and it’s a lot more fun than I initially gave it credit for! Always love seeing your layouts!

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Thanks, Ashley. Yes, I love that design when I have enough photos to make it work. I think the small pockets are a lot of fun.

Laurel Holman December 5, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Jessica, I love looking at your pages each week, and everybody else’s. I appreciate you hosting the Tuesday Linkups so much. I didn’t mean to add my link twice, I’m not sure how that happened, and I can’t figure out how to delete the extra one. I’m sorry about that!