Infographic Christmas Letter

by jessicaturner on December 3, 2012

I’m one of those people who loves sending an annual Christmas letter.

As a memory keeper, I treasure those annual letters because they are a little time capsule of sorts of our family’s story.

This year, I decided I wanted to shake things up and do an infographic letter.

I asked on Twitter if anyone could help and met the lovely Kelly.

She’s a school secretary and pastor’s wife by day and a graphic designer by night. She loves big earrings, scarves and over-salted popcorn (I think we are kindred spirits!).  She and her husband Matt have been married five years and they are expecting their first child {a girl} this March!

She totally captured my vision.

Check it out (except if you are on our Christmas card list. Then stop reading this post so the letter will be a surprise!)

Isn’t it fun?!

If you love this as much as I do, Kelly will be happy to use the template she created to make one for your family.

Basically you send her the facts about your family, she puts them in and sends your custom infographic back to you for printing. And at only $15, this is a STEAL. Plus with her baby on the way, you would also be helping to support her growing family. Click here or here to order one for your family.

Do you send an annual Christmas letter?

Disclosure: This infographic was provided to me free of charge. All facts about our family and love for the design is my own.

Ioana December 3, 2012 at 9:29 am

oh, jess, you are so creative and smart! *jealous!* i am sure everybody will love it!
speaking of cards & CO, your address shows :D i know this is totally weird, but do you mind if i send you a Holidays card? it.s ok if not. :) :)

jessicaturner December 3, 2012 at 9:33 am

If you look carefully, you will see the address is fake. I promise that my address is not 1234 Main Street. :) This online version doesn’t show our real address. If you want to send a card my way, please feel free to do so electronically. My email is jessicanicoleturner (at) gmail (dot) com.

Jessica Kelley December 3, 2012 at 9:37 am

That is really, really cool. I don’t usually do a letter, but I chose a two-sided card this year and was able to include some brief updates about our year. Now that I see yours, I realize I might have forgotten to mention our vacation! Oh well.

(Speaking of cards, that Paper Coterie deal from July + the 50% off cyber Monday … I got $192 of stuff for $36! And since the Christmas cards alone were worth $72, I didn’t feel bad using the rest of the “free money” on stuff for myself!)

Kathy Frank December 3, 2012 at 10:08 am

What format does the template come in. I love it.

jessicaturner December 3, 2012 at 10:13 am

Hi Kathy – you will receive the completed letter, not the template for you to fill out. Hope that makes sense!

Sharon K December 3, 2012 at 11:30 am

Very cute. How do you come up with the categories of info? Do you just think up a bunch of stuff and send it to her, or are the categories showing on the sample the info you fill in?

Kelly Ray December 3, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Hi Sharon~ I’m the designer of the infographic. You can include any info you’d like, and the categories can definitely be changed to fit what your family did this year. You could do a ‘pet update,’ ‘books read,’ or ‘favorite quote’ section. Thanks!

jessicaturner December 3, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I found several samples on Pinterest that helped me. :)

jessicaturner December 3, 2012 at 8:39 pm

And I think the categories would be what you fill in, but you can change anything to fit your needs.

Kristin December 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Love this! Before kids, I was a newspaper reporter, so the last couple of years I’ve designed a one-page newspaper of our year. I had written letters with a theme for the given year in the past, but I love my newspaper designed one and see myself sticking with it for at least a few more years.

Debbie December 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Very Cleaver….Love this as a letter….fun instead of blah..blah…blah…I was thinking of elimating our letter, now that’s its just the 2 of us….its not so interesting…..If I do say so myself :)

ARC December 4, 2012 at 3:01 am

That infographic is adorable!! Are you including it as an insert with your card, or is it the card itself?

I’ve been writing a “holiday letter” on my blog for the past couple of years, and I just put a link inside my paper cards – this lets me balance the fact that I love sending paper cards, but don’t want to send even more paper out there.

I just posted mine for this year:

SLW December 5, 2012 at 7:37 am

Very cute! I just wanted to point out a typo real quick in case they haven’t been printed (sorry, it’s the editor in me). In the “Other 2012 Highlights” section:
“…food thanks TO FROM the hundreds…”