My Pantless Fashionista + A $5 Target Gift Card

by jessicaturner on December 4, 2012

If you have read this blog for any length of time, you know that a)I love to save money b) I love Target and c)I love magazines.

Needless to say, I was thrilled that Target currently has a special going on where these loves are combined. Buy both InStyle and People Style Watch and get a $5 Target gift card (through December 7).

I took Adeline with me to run some errands on Saturday – including to pick up the two magazines. We went to the Dollar Store, Michaels, Sams and then Target was our last stop. As I pulled Adeline out of the cart at Sams, I noticed her leggings were wet. Her diaper was somehow crooked and leaked.

Mercy.

Of course, I decided NOT to bring the diaper bag (just a diaper clutch) and had no change of clothes for her. Murphy’s law, right?

Well, a little accident wasn’t going to stop me from finishing my errands- especially with Target being the last stop.

And since it was 67 degrees, I knew she would be fine going into Target in just her shirt, socks and diaper.

Classy.

Clearly she’s a future fashionista for InStyle or People Style Watch, eh?

A pantless fashionista.

She thought she was hot stuff in Target, especially when I let her sit in the back part of the cart. She had removed her ruffled socks by this point. I think I said “Adeline, sit on your bottom please” 150 times. Look at that naughty smirk on her face. I might have had a smirk as I chided her. The child kills me. :)

In addition to picking her up some jeggings, I took advantage of that magazine deal. Since we are going to be road tripping for Christmas, I wanted to get a few special magazines that I don’t subscribe to.

This deal made the decision of what magazines to pick up pretty easy. I love how substantial both People Style Watch and InStyle are in size. I felt like I was getting a lot for my money, you know? (I hate paying $4.99 for a thin magazine!)

Plus, with the $5 gift card, they made for very reasonable roadtrip reading. The $5 gift card has to be used on a future purchase, which was fine with me since I am at Target basically every week.

When Adeline and I got home, both she and Elias took a nap. I  savored the quiet and couldn’t help but take a sneak peak at the magazines (though I still left enough unread for my Christmas road trip).

I would definitely not consider myself someone who is super into fashion, but that didn’t stop me from enjoying my new magazines. I was pleasantly surprised that I found glimpses that I am not completely hopeless in both magazines.

A few of the trends shown that resonated with me:

• Gold (personalized) jewelry (thanks to Lisa Leonard and her new gold line)
  • Taylor Swift (her new album Redis so good!)
  • Color blocking
  • Cardigans and long tops (total staples in my wardrobe. My favorite ones are from Zulily – did you know they have women’s clothes every day?)

So yay for magazine indulgences, good deals and toddler fashionistas who bring a smile. :) I hope this post helps you if you are looking to save a little money this Christmas season + get some good light reading. Remember, the gift card offer ends this Friday!

Would you consider yourself very fashionable? Do you ever look to magazines to help inspire/encourage your style? Also, have you ever taken your child into a store only partially dressed? :)

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™, but all my opinions are my own  http://cmp.ly/3/KqtZiE

Mrs. G December 4, 2012 at 5:11 am

At least Adeline was rockin’ a target diaper with her shirt and socks! Just think of it as some free advertizing for tar-jay.

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 6:26 am

YES!! I love my Target diapers. The leak was a total freak thing. That never happens. :)

penelope December 4, 2012 at 8:26 am

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a toddler in a shirt and diaper with parents buying pants either at Target, the Outlet Mall, etc. One time I didn’t read the weather report and the baby had a dress on and it got cold…hmmmm, well I have a cardigan of hers! Now we call that Monkey Pants around our house.

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

so funny!

kendall December 4, 2012 at 10:49 am

What a little cutie pie you have there! Oh, and I LOVED the magazines too! The jewelry page was one of my favs! I’ve been wanting to get a “W” for my son Wyatt for SOOO long!

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 10:57 am

Thank you! You should check out Lisa Leonard’s jewelry. I love it all!

Jessica Kelley December 4, 2012 at 10:50 am

Yesterday, I had to pick Claire up mid-morning at school and take her to the pediatrician, but since she’d gotten vomit on her outfit and I’ve been delinquent about sending spare clothes to school, I knew she would be in an ugly, mismatched outfit from the day care spare clothes bin. And since I couldn’t bear to take her to the doctor’s office in whatever it would be, I stopped at Family Dollar (the best option that was available en route) and bought her a new outfit.

And last week, when they’d put an ugly t-shirt on her, I wrapped my houndstooth scarf around her like a vest–it was very cute!

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 10:57 am

Your scarf solution is HILARIOUS :) At least houndstooth is trendy.

Steph @ The Silly Pearl December 4, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Such a little cutie! I love that gold necklace.

Cara December 4, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Oh I have definitely taken my daughter somewhere not fully dressed — when she was a baby, and my husband had been out of town for several days, we needed an outing. We hasn’t lived in our new city long, and I tried to get to the mall a back way — mistake. I ended up across a freeway for the mall as I realized my daughter had had a blow-out. I had a diaper and wipes thankfully but no extra clothes. I had been trying to get to the mall for what already felt like forever and I wasn’t willing to turn back, so I got there and covered her all up in her stroller with a blanket, so no one would realize she was naked except for a diaper — and she got a new outfit from Gap;)

jessicaturner December 4, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Blowouts are the WORST. Once Adeline had one so bad I just threw away the whole outfit. lol.

Jeni December 4, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I would have used the leak as an “excuse” to get Lexi some new clothes. HAHA “sorry honey, the baby’s diaper leaked, I *HAD* to get her *something* to wear.” ;-)

nicole Feliciano December 7, 2012 at 10:54 am