The kids with the best Santa I’ve ever seen. Clothes from Zulily.
I cannot believe it is Christmas next week. This month has FLOWN by. Here’s a list of 20 Christmas memories we’ve made:
- We had a blast decorating our new home for Christmas. We have two big trees and four small trees up! The porch has garland, lights and velvet bows. Everything is cozy and wonderful.
- I learned how to use decomesh and made a fun wreath.
- The kids have played with their Little People Nativity every single day. Consequently, one Wise Man is MIA.
- We hosted a Christmas open house, which was our first party in our new space. It was incredibly special to have so many friends together and affirmed that we will LOVE hosting many gatherings in our home in the years to come. (It’s a great party house!)
- We made and frosted these sugar cookies (best recipe ever).
- Our Elf on the Shelf made his first appearance this year and has had fun every day.
- We had breakfast with Santa. Adeline cried at first, but Daddy got a smile out of her. Elias asked for a train table, a scooter and a remote control car.
- Adeline broke three ornaments and attempted to break many more.
- We have sang Christmas songs every day to and from school. Elias’s favorites are We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Carol of the Bells, Go Tell It on the Mountain and Frosty the Snowman. Adeline’s favorite is Jingle Bells.
- Elias participated in his first Christmas program. He was a cardinal and was amazing. I cried. He has asked to watch the program DVD three times in the past week.
- We made 7 dozen oreo balls (with Trader Jos Peppermint Jo Jos) and 3 dozen peanut butter balls.
- Elias and I had so much fun making crafts with his December Kiwi Crate. We continue to LOVE that monthly subscription. I can’t say enough good things about it!
- I had a Mexican Fiesta Christmas party at work.
- Adeline’s teachers painted her nose red like Rudolph’s for a special class picture.
- Elias and his schoolmates held a special sale to raise money for a fellow student who is fighting cancer. Elias painted red and white mugs filled with hot cocoa.
- We mailed 175 Christmas cards, with a fun infographic enclosed.
- We took some food and gifts to a homebound lady named Miss Ruth.
- We shopped from World Vision’s gift catalog.
- Adeline made a Santa handprint at school.
- We gave thanks for our many blessings this year, especially the gift of Jesus.
I have been feeling like man, we didn’t do this and we didn’t do that, but writing this list I realized how much we have done. It doesn’t have to be fancy to bring joy. And you don’t need Pinterest to create memories. (Although you can find some yummy recipes and fun crafts on there FOR SURE!) Christmas should not be stressful. It should be a beautiful time of faith, family and love. And that has definitely been true for us this month.
How have you enjoyed the Christmas season this year?