What to Expect Here on The Mom Creative

by jessicaturner on November 9, 2012

You may have noticed that things are getting a little crazy around here, with the holidays just around the corner. {sorta like the crazy on Adeline’s face in the above picture – this was NOT the winning shot for our Christmas card, ha!}

Almost every day this week I have had not one, but two posts. (The card deals have been pretty crazy, haven’t they?)

My mission of creating “a life well crafted” is about much more than craft projects and memory keeping. It’s about faith. It’s about saving money and helping with your family’s budget. It’s about making a difference.

The  holidays means many retailers share great offers with bloggers to pass along to their readers. I am receiving hundreds of emails every week clamoring for space on The Mom Creative. I only select the few that resonate with me and that I hope will resonate with you. Products that are high quality. Deals that will help you save tens, if not hundreds of dollars.

I will often be scheduling two-three posts a day this holiday season.

To ensure you don’t miss a thing (both the regular content you love + more deals than normal), I recommend doing the following:

• Become an email subscriber. Just add your email address in the box in my header and you will start receiving a daily digest from The Mom Creative. Bonus: The amazing Lisa Leonard Designs is giving away one $75 gift card a month for the next six months to Mom Creative email subscribers. YEOW! {Thank you Lisa}
  • Like The Mom Creative on Facebook: I post lots of great additional content and specials on Facebook.

I’d also be grateful if you would share my posts on Facebook, or email friends when you see great posts on here. All of that helps to grow this community that we love.

In January, my posting schedule will go back to normal. :)

Check out this email I received from Carrie, a regular reader:
Just wanted to thank you for posting all of the blog deals and links you find. I am already $130 under budget from deals you have posted alone. Not to mention, I have at least 8 gifts I am on budget for, but I got something much nicer within that budget! It is so exciting, hope to see some more!

I hope that you are blessed this holiday season. If my little blog can help your family in some small way, then I am humbled and thankful.

I love you all.

Cerise November 9, 2012 at 9:37 am

I signed up for your email updates the other day. I’ve been awful at keeping up with my blogs lately and I didn’t want to miss anything. Thanks for all the great deals you share!

jessicaturner November 9, 2012 at 10:01 am

Thanks so much. I hope they help you! :)

Kathy Frank November 9, 2012 at 10:31 am

The pic of Adeline cracked me up. Might be a funny look on her face but always smiling and adorable.

jessicaturner November 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm

she cracks us up every day.

Jennifer November 9, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing!!I have
been able to get some really nice cards and gifts from
you and your blog!! Thank you and God Bless you!!

jessicaturner November 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm

happy to help!

Cara November 9, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I would love it if someone sent me a crazy picture like that in their Christmas card — makes me smile and it just represents life with kids so well:)
I am loving all the deals — I’m on bed rest so doing all my holiday shopping online — thank you for posting so many great things! Keep them coming:)

jessicaturner November 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Take care of yourself!

Cara November 9, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Thanks! So far so good — I’ve made it 2 more weeks (now at 28 weeks pregnant). We are very lucky that my husband’s job as a grad student/professor allows him to work from home almost every day now, and the days he teaches happen to be the two that our 4 year old was already in preschool:). Lots of friends are taking good care of us too — I’m catching up on Project Life, doing crafts with my daughter, reading lots, and of course shopping online;)

Mary November 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Thanks so much for all the card deals you have been posting – they have been awesome and I have shared them with a few friends, too! Looking forward to all the specials on the way and I appreciate all the time you put into getting them organized – have a great weekend! =)

Alisa R November 9, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Woo hoo! Happy to find your site through Lisa Leonard – would love to win one of the gift certificates. Happy Weekend to you!

Bridget November 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I love all your deals – On my weekend to do list is taking a Christmas Card photo and using all your photo card deals to purchase my cards….I already have a calendar to give as a gift thanks to your blog….(& it was free)

Jennay November 9, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I’m a new follower! Looking forward to checking out all your posts and saving some money on the deals you share! Thanks for sharing!!

Michele November 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Thanks for all you do to keep us up to date and all you share about your lovely family!! You are an inspiration :)

Heather November 9, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I subscribe to your emails.

Heather November 9, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I like you on Facebook

Heather November 9, 2012 at 9:58 pm

I follow you on Twitter!

Wendy November 10, 2012 at 9:56 am

I’m a new subscriber, I saw your blog from a post from Lisa Leonard Designs (by the way, how awesome and generous of her to be giving away those gift certificates!). I am excited about becoming a follower because with 4 kids ages 5 and under, I need all the great deals I can get. Thanks!