150 Stocking Stuffer Ideas

by jessicaturner on November 19, 2012

Stocking from DaySpring

I love putting together Christmas stockings, but sometimes I find myself in a rut, buying the same things year after year. So I took time to write this list of 150 ideas. It inspired me – I hope it inspires you. :)

I have provided links for many of the stocking stuffer ideas, but you can find many them at Target or even the Dollar Store (some links are affiliate links). Stockings don’t have to be expensive to be thoughtful and meaningful.

1. Custom ornament from Lisa Leonard (the snowman and gingerbread figures are my favorites)
  2. Kids CDs (Our favorites are The Tuneables and Commander Salamander)
  3. mittens
  4. hat
  5. hairbows, headbands or little barrettes
  6. Costume jewelry
  7. Dress up accessories
  8. Candy
  9. Crayons in a crayon roll
  10. Markers
  11. Pipe cleaners
  12. Small craft kits (you could even do a subscription to Kiwi Crate)
  13. Coloring book
  14. Children’s books
  15. Children’s bible (Every child should have The Jesus Storybook Bible- the best $10 you’ll ever spend)
  16. DVDs
  17. action figures (transformers, superheroes)
  18. Small stuffed animal
  19. Chalk
  20. Bouncy balls
  21. Jacks
  22. Card games (Old Maid, Go Fish and Hearts Cards Games)
  23. Legos
  24. Paper dolls
  25. Paints
  26. Comic books
  27. Silly Putty (we always got this in our stockings)
  28. Marbles
  41. Travel games
  42. Toothbrush
  43. Fun Bandaids
  44. Glowsticks
  45. Small squirt gun
  46. Silly string
  47. Small t-shirt or jammies (I love getting deals on kids clothes on Zulily)
  48. Finger puppets
  69. Tights or leggings
  70. Green Army Men
  71. Barrel of Monkeys
  72. Bubble gum
  73. SIlly Glasses
  74. Slinky
  75. Kids’s Coin Purse (or one from Gussy Sews)
  76. Laser Finger Beams
  77. Slingshot Flying Screaming Monkey Toy Flingshot
  78. Animal erasers
  79. Cat’s Cradle

Teens/Adults

1. custom desk calendar from Snapfish
  2. Personalized heart bowl from Lisa Leonard
  3. Lisa Leonard jewelry
  4. small picture frame (maybe with a favorite picture)
  5. gloves
  6. iphone
  7. Kindle Fire
  8. Pens
  9. Fun socks
  10. Magazine (with a note attached for a 12-month subscription. Get 20% off all magazines here with the code MOMCREATIVE)
  11. Underwear
  12. Tie
  13. Ear buds
  14. hand lotion
  15. soap (get a FREE $10 credit when you place your first order with ePantry)
  16. bath salts
  17. Chapstick or lip gloss (I love Stila Cosmetics)
  18. Sugar hand scrub
  19. Cookies
  20. DVDs
  21. CDs
  22. Playing cards
  23. Travel coffee mug
  24. Mini Sewing Kit
  25. Book (Anyone would love Ann Voskamp’s new One Thousand Gifts Devotionalor her One Thousand Gifts photo gift book)
  26. Nail polish
  27. Gift cards
  28. Cooking tools
  29. Flash drive (maybe loaded with favorite pictures)
  30. Extra Phone charger
  31. New scissors (These Joyce Chen scissors will change your life!)
  32. Paper weight
  33. Small box of note cards (Tiny Prints has a great selection)
  34. Custom Photo Notepads
  35. Journal
  36. Candle (I love the hand-poured candles from ePantry)
  37. Daily inspiration calendar
  38. Photo coasters (Make them on Shutterfly.)
  39. Make-up
  40. Cell phone cover (Matthew loves his Otterbox cover and I love my custom photo cover from Shutterfly)
  41. Tape Measure
  42. Golf balls/tees
  43. Hand sanitizer
  44. Seeds
  45. Sleep mask
  46. chewing gum
  47. Truffles
  48. wallet or money clip
  49. Bottle opener
  50. Leatherman
  51. Koozie
  52. Toothbrush
  53. Scratch-off lottery tickets
  54. Batteries
  55. Shoe care items (shoe polish, shoe laces)
  56. Air fresheners (plug-in or for the car)
  57. Coffee
  58. Fishing tackle
  59. Gourmet snacks (check out World Market)
  60. Passport folder
  61. Bungee cords
  62. Movie passes
  63. Travel first aid kit
  64. Hairbrush
  65. Small lint roller
  66. Pocket hand warmers
  67. Anti-Stress Microwavable Neck Pillow
  68. Foot Rubz Foot Massage Ball
  69. Hand Held Scalp Head Massager
  70. Pillbox
  71. Pedi-Expert Shower Pedicure Kit

Do you give stockings at Christmas? What would you add to this list?

Ann November 19, 2012 at 6:05 am

What inspiration, Jessica — with so many truly meaningful gift ideas.

Cara November 19, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Great ideas! I was telling my husband that I’m done Christmas shopping except for stocking stuffers this year — usually I have a ton, but I just haven’t gotten any yet. Now I have some ideas:)

Deb November 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm

This year for my kids’ stockings, I bought little Hex Bugs, character underwear (Phineas & Ferb), and tiny electronic games (yahtzee, frogger, etc). One year I bought a dozen green bendy aliens on Amazon. I always buy Pez dispensers and m&m candy canes.

Cheryl November 19, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Great ideas. Thank you for thinking of SO many ideas.

Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect November 19, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I officially want you to make a stocking for me. ;)

Jody November 19, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Sharing a home together, my sister and I decided several years ago to stop buying presents for each other except for stocking stuffers. I’ve gotten a watch, earrings, a necklace, fuzzy socks and Victoria Secret undies before. I have put in my sister’s a t-shirt or a couple pairs of pajama pants rolled up and still had room for more goodies and we don’t have large stockings by any standards.

Nancy Franson November 20, 2012 at 8:36 am

I used to give my kids stationary, a book of stamps, and some nifty return address labels each year in their stockings–a little prompt to be sure to write thank you notes :)

Jenny November 29, 2012 at 1:03 pm

That is a GREAT idea! Thanks :) Our oldest is still pretty young but is really getting into notes, stamps, mailing letters to friends etc so I think this is great for her, I hadnt even thought about it :)

This whole list is awesome!! Thanks so much!!

jodi November 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm

pez dispensers and toothbrushes in the kids stockings!

Jennifer Hill November 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Sonic gift cards. We love to hit happy hour for a strawberry or cherry limeade.

Marisa November 21, 2012 at 12:51 am

Great post! Thanks for all the ideas. I just went and ordered the children’s Bible. I have been looking for a good one to get and that one has great reviews on Amazon!

jessicaturner November 22, 2012 at 7:23 am

you will love it!

Jannie G. November 24, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I put zip ties,rubber bands, safety pins. Bobby pins, cosmetic samples from places like sephora or ultra, picture hanging kits, masking tape, scotch tape, love the stockings. And I wrap each piece individually. A lot of work but a lot of fun too

Gretchen P November 25, 2012 at 6:37 pm

WHAT scissors will change my life??? (Great lists by the way!)

Mari November 27, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I need to know what scissors will change my life too! Missing link?

bookgirl November 23, 2013 at 2:15 pm

When my kids were out of high school I thought that I could stop with the stocking stuffers. They were really upset that I didn’t do them that year. I now do them every year. They’re both engaged to be married this next summer and I am planning on including them from now on. We LOVE stocking stuffers in this house

Amy Fisher November 26, 2013 at 6:00 am

I try to pick up stocking stuffers throughout the Fall. We have five kids so it helps to spread the shopping out. Four of ours are teenagers and I really appreciate your section on teens. Great ideas!

Beth December 17, 2013 at 8:38 am

I’m so grateful for not missing this post. I always struggle with shopping for stocking stuffers. This list is AWESOME. Thank you. Time to shop!!

straws January 17, 2014 at 10:49 am

Thanks for finally writing about >150 Stocking Stuffer Ideas —
The Mom Creative <Loved it!

Sandy July 30, 2014 at 10:26 am

I have always stuffed stockings, but with my baby turning 21 we are now only doing stockings with one gift card for Christmas! I will be stuffing 19 stockings this year. Thank you for the ideas!

Mary Anne December 13, 2014 at 7:35 am

I always add a small package of Kleenexes – the little ones that come in a multi-pack which you can get from Dollar Tree.