Gymboree at Goodwill Prices

by jessicaturner on October 14, 2012

Oh. My. Word.

All weekend I have been at the Influence conference, which is at a hotel attached to a mall.

I never, ever get to go to a mall.

Especially by myself.

So several times over the course of the weekend I have found an hour here and there to go to the mall.

And I just happened to stop in Gymboree. We can’t afford their full-price items, and honestly, even their sale stuff is usually more than I am willing to pay for kids clothes.

But when I walked in the door I was greeted by racks and racks of spring and summer clothes marked 50% off the lowest price. And the lowest prices were like $1.99-5.99.

I almost passed out.

Instead I started grabbing every size 2T for Adeline and 4 and 5 for Elias. And then the amazing clerk Amy said to me, I have boxes more in the back – should I go see what we have in the sizes you are looking for?

Yes, please.

I also texted my friend Jen who was quadruplets – FOUR BOYS – and was at the conference. Get your butt here girl.

And the two of us made out like bandits.

Are you ready for this?

70 items including embroidered t-shirts, polo shirts, adjustable shorts, dresses, dress shirts, sweater vests, costumes and accessories.

Retail value $1,503.70.

Paid – $207.44, which is more than 85% off.

PLUS I got $75 in Gymbucks to use in January. (I could have gotten $100, but I made two trips, so it didn’t work out. That’s okay! I am THRILLED, THRILLED, THRILLED!!

Gymboree clothes are incredibly high quality, wash well, don’t fade and are just so nice. I just cannot believe I got t-shirts for $1 and $2 a piece! That is Goodwill pricing for NEW Gymboree clothes.

I try to avoid buying clothes in season. Instead I stock up at the end of the season for the following season. So far, it has worked out well for me. If anything, the clothes are still too big and we hang on to them. Worse case (especially with Gymboree clothes) I can consign them or sell them to ThredUP.

So, if you are out shopping, or can carve out time to go shopping, this might be the weekend to go stock up clothes for the next summer (or two!). And be sure to ask if they have more in the back.

It will totally be worth it!

laura @ hollywood housewife October 14, 2012 at 12:50 pm

That is amazing! Almost makes me want to brave the LA mall on a weekend. Almost. :)

jessicaturner October 15, 2012 at 9:59 am

Maybe today? :)

Angela October 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I got an email from Gymboree about their sale, but unfortunately, we don’t have one close by otherwise I would have been there!

viji October 14, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I did go and got some..but my son is so thin and tiny that nothing fits him right and looks right! So I ended up returning a lot! With him I have no idea whats his size going to be next year or season!

Jenn October 14, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Actually – you should have walked down the mall to buy a family magazine from a bookstore to get the 20% off coupon from it. (They are usually in Family Fun or Parenting or Parents.) For the price of the magazine, you could have saved an additional $40.

jessicaturner October 15, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yes, you are right, I should have! I thought of that after the fact. Oh, well.

Jesika November 27, 2012 at 4:22 pm

It looks like I’m not the only one who has snagged some great stuff! I need to go hit the reasle shops myself. I’ve got a coupon for one that gives an additional 10% off. BTW, I sent you an email so be keeping an eye out for it. :~)

Shelbie October 14, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Thanks for the tip! I just may have to take a trip over there this afternoon to check it out. That’s worth braving the mall. :) I’ll also have to check out Parenting/Parents mag to see if there’s a Gymboree coupon this month. FF had a 20% for Crazy 8 this month. I do the same thing you do with shopping ahead. It’s saved me a fortune on clothes and Gymboree quality is great. I’ve been able to use all of the things I’ve purchased there for both of my boys because they keep their shape and colors and don’t look awful to pass down to a second kid. Thanks again!!

Rosalie October 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I was so excited when I got the email from Gymboree they were having the sale on Friday! I had $20 off a $80 purchase coupon that I was able to use with this sale. I got $665 worth of clothes for $65!

jessicaturner October 15, 2012 at 9:59 am

well done!

Nurse Bee October 15, 2012 at 10:52 am

Thank you! The nearest Gymboree is about a 35-40 minute drive away, but after reading your blog post, I decided to make the trip and got lots of cute stuff for my girls!!

jessicaturner October 15, 2012 at 10:58 am

Glad to hear it!

Christy October 15, 2012 at 10:04 pm

LOVE Gymboree sales. I don’t think I have ever bought anything from them not on sale. When I was pregnant I did the same thing and stocked up big. By the time I left the workers were offering me a job:) Love you found so many great things at great prices!!!

Cara October 16, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I ordered a few things online last week with this sale and then saw your post when I was out of town this weekend. Spur of the moment, I decided to drive to our Gymboree this morning, and wow I’m glad I did! They said it was the last day for the sale, and I got so many great deals — I had a 25% off coupon to use besides. I never take the time to add up how much I saved, but reading your numbers inspired me to figure this one out:
Retail $491.38 (which of course, like you, I’d never pay, because um, $24.95 for a pair of baby shorts? No. :)
Paid: $82.96