Here are the steps to make this easy and adorable Wonder Woman costume.
1. Measure how much elastic you will need for your child’s waist. Sew the elastic together on your sewing machine or by hand.
2. Cut tulle in strips (I recommend buying 6” spools of blue tulle vs. the large tulle you can buy on bolts at the craft store. It saves so much time to not have to cut all that tulle! Although, tulle on spools is more expensive.)
3. Knot the tulle to the elastic. (I found this tutorial helpful – she uses the kind of tulle that is on bolts)
4. Cut large stars to attach to the skirt. (I traced stars onto the felt so that they were all the same.)
5. Select a star and sew just one tip of it to the tulle. Do this throughout the skirt.
Note: For Adeline’s skirt, I used a combination of plain blue tulle (which I bought off a bolt and cute strips of by hand) + glittery blue tulle (which was on a spool). I thought the glittery would be a fun accent and it brightened the skirt up because that tulle was a brighter blue. While it was adorable, the glitter did not stay on tulle and Adeline got it all over her hands, face, etc. I would NOT recommend using the glittery tulle, unless you can find some that the glitter is worked into the threads, versus adhered it to it.
Also, I chose not to make a gold headband/crown for Adeline, since she never keeps them on for very long. Instead, I just put a gold glittery bow in her hair, which I got at Forever 21 – I love buying hair accessories there for Adeline.
Enjoy your cute Wonder Woman!
Other costume posts you might enjoy:
This post includes compensated affiliate links.