Grandparent’s Day is in less than two weeks – September 9. This is a holiday that I think is too often overlooked, but let’s change that! Grandparents are such a blessing and deserve to be honored.
Hopefully this list of 20 easy, meaningful Grandparent’s Day gift ideas will inspire you to create something special for your grandparents, or your kids’ grandparents. Many of the gifts are photo related because in my experience, nothing touches a grandparent more than a photo. Most are also super fast to make, so get on it TODAY!
1. Free photo canvas – Order a free 8×10 photo canvas from Canvas People. This is one of my favorite deals online, and it isn’t limited to first time customers. You could order a photo of your family or just your kids. Either would be treasured!
2. Custom Stainless Steel Water Bottle– These stainless steel water bottles are so cool, and they are on sale for only $3 (regularly $12.99). Just use the code BOTTLESALE. I have been hearing great things about Ink Garden.
3. Photo mug – I ordered one of these for my Grandma’s birthday and she LOVES it. They are super easy to create and through August 31, you can get them for only $2 with the code MUGADYORK! YEOW!
4. Photo mouse pad– Right now (through Sept 30) you can get one for only $1 from York Photo with the code MOUSEADYORK. My mom loves looking at her photo mouse pad every time she is at her computer.
5. Handstamped jewelry from Lisa Leonard – Lisa offers beautiful jewelry that you can customize with initials or meaningful words. A gift from Lisa Leonard is definitely something that your grandparent will treasure for many years to come. DaySpring also has a new Lisa Leonard faith line that is worth checking out (Get 15% off through 9/15 with the code LLDFAITH).
6. Photo journal from Paper Coterie – These journals are so, so beautiful. I love to give them as gifts because the recipient is always shocked by their beauty. If you are a new Paper Coterie customer, you can get one for free with the code WELCOMEJOURNAL.
7. Memories for My Grandchild: A Keepsake to Remember (Grandparent’s Memory Book) – another journal idea is this grandma or grandpa journal, which offers prompts for the grandparent to fill in. What a beautiful gift!
8. Framed art – Have your kids color or paint special art for their grandparents, then frame it and give it as a gift.
9. Handprint flowers – trace your kids hands and cut them out, then glue them to cardstock or a thin canvas and add “stems” with pipe cleaners or paint to make special flowers just for grandma.
10. The Gifts of Being Grand – This children’s book is so cute and would be perfect to give to a grandparent.
11. Garden Handprint Kit – This is a sweet way to have your kids’ presence in their grandparent’s garden. Just order this kit, follow the simple directions and you will have a gift that will be loved for years.
12. Photo book – Photo books are one of the sweetest, most personal gifts you can give. Paper Coterie has a beautiful grandparent template book that is super easy to make. (I made it for my grandma for Christmas). Consider creating a photo book of photos with your grandparent, or one of favorite pictures of your kids/family. Both ideas would be loved by any grandparent!
13. Bake cookies – Get your kids involved and bake some delicious cookies, then deliver them to grandma and grandpa. This chocolate chip cookie recipe is my favorite cookie ever.
14. Photo paper tablet – We love using these in our house and I think a grandparent would too! You can make these on pretty much any photo site, like Snapfish.com
15. Custom apron – if your grandparent loves to cook, these cute aprons from Snapfish.com will be a big hit. Matthew surprised me with one for Christmas and I wear it all the time.
16. Photo key chain – You can either buy a key chain and slip a photo in, or make one on Snapfish.com. Either way, you’ll have a keychain that grandpa will love every day.
17. Photo coasters – these practical gifts from Shutterfly can be enjoyed every day and will always bring a smile to your grandparent’s face. Right now they are 20% off (only $15.99).
18. Photo playing cards – If your grandparent loves a good game of Solitaire, give them a deck of cards from Shutterfly they will really love to play with!
19. Family tree– History is very important to many people. Create a family tree that your grandparent will be proud to hang in their home or purchase Our Family Tree book to work on together. (I have this book and it is awesome.)
20. Custom photo card – At the bare minimum, make your grandparent a photo card. My grandma always marvels at these “beautiful, creative” cards. The best part – they are simple to make, save you a trip to the store and can be sent directly to the recipient. If you have never used Treat (formerly Tiny Prints), you can get a free card when you click on this link.
What will you do to honor the grandparent(s) in your life?
Disclosure: compensated affiliate links used