Superheroes and Showings

by jessicaturner on July 20, 2012

It is going to be a full weekend! Tomorrow is Elias’s superhero party and Sunday we have an open house on our condo.

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen some of the sneaks.

Some of the things I have done include: made 25 capes for all the kids attending, painted a “city” backdrop, cut and painted foam “buildings” for the superhero training obstacle course and made Miss Adeline a Wonder Woman sparkly tutu. It has been a lot of work, but fun too. I did know my limits and decided to order a cake this year instead of making it from scratch. :) I think the party is going to be adorable and can’t wait to share it with you.

Amidst all my crafting escapades, we hired a new realtor and have done a ton of work on our condo (painting, replacing hardware on doors and cabinets, etc.) and put it back on the market yesterday. We are having an open house on Sunday and are hopeful that the right buyer may come through our front door. So after the party Saturday, I will be making sure every cabinet and closet is perfectly spic and span. Never a dull moment! If you could pray for a sale, we would be grateful. We are trying not to get discouraged, but it has been a much longer process than we anticipated.

Despite the craziness, I have been so grateful lately. Our family is healthy, we are enjoying the summer and trust in God’s provision. We just are taking things one day at a time because anything more than that is a little overwhelming. :)

What do you do when life gets crazy?

Debbie July 20, 2012 at 7:40 am

Adelines tu-tu is darling and the city bricks are fun also…..Can’t wait to see the photos after…Yipee for a showing…everything is crossed for the right one thru the door !!

jessicaturner July 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm

you and me both, mom!

Kasey Krawiec July 20, 2012 at 8:24 am

That little wonder woman outfit is just too too too cute! You should market those (in all of your free time ;) By the way, if you take some sort of super vitamin, I need to know about it! Amazing…

Kate July 20, 2012 at 8:36 am

You are awesome! The party sounds like so much fun! And Adeline’s outfit is fabulous! I work for a realtor, so I totally get making sure everything is clean and nice, we appreciate clients like you! When life gets crazy I try and count my blessings and a take a mommy time out! Happy party/open house weekend!!

Christy July 20, 2012 at 10:51 am

Love your positive outlook:) Fingers are crossed for you all! And the superhero party is going to be adorable..I can’t wait to see your pictures!!

shellie July 20, 2012 at 11:46 am

Oh my goodness! The Wonder Woman outfit is precious! Best of luck Sunday. Too bad we’re not in the market to buy, we’d come check it out ;)

Barbie July 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I love the idea of a Super hero party! Love the costumes.

jessicaturner July 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Thank you!

Terri M July 21, 2012 at 4:26 pm

When life gets crazy I try to keep my sense of humor, some of the best “stories” come from these times. So write your thoughts in a journal ( a good way to vent for me) and see the funny side of it all. You are so right to think of all the things to be thankful for, that is a sure way to combat discouragement. God is good!