I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:
- I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
- My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of the kids.
- I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.
It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to be kicking off my third year of this series.
Each Tuesday, I will share my spread from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is hopefully going to help keep me on track!
Well I finally finished the two weeks that I almost finished last week.
Honestly, those journaling cards were about all I had time for this week. The pages aren’t perfect, but I am glad they are done.
June 10-16: I kept things simple – just two small inserts!
Here is the view of the right hand page. I love the insert with the four 3×4 photos.
Here is the backside of the farm insert + a second insert with Matthew’s Father’s Day card.
Here is the last page. You will notice I overlayed a sticker across the top right photos.
June 17- 23: This is another simple week- just a normal spread plus one 6×12 insert from American Crafts.
I love the collage of four small photos that Elias took of himself on the iPad. I used washi tape to accent the journaling cards.
I did a 6×12 insert with some photos of Adeline from her 1st birthday. When we get the pictures from her photo shoot, I might include one or two large ones from it as well.
The last page was very simple. You’ll notice I used some number stickers to tie to one journaling card for the whole page(a favorite technique of mine!)
A little status update:
I still have to do June 24-June 30 and July 1-7. This week is crazy with some home remodel projects as we get our condo ready to list again, and then we are going to be with Matthew’s family in Maryland for a long weekend so that means come Sunday, I will also have July 8-14. And then I will have July 15-21 because next week is going to be as nuts as this week as I finish getting ready for Elias’s birthday party. That means July 22 is the first day I will be able to work on Project Life.
I know, I know. Project Life is all about keeping things easy. And that is what I love about it. But I also know that from past years (this is my 4th year doing Project Life) that when I fall behind, I never catch up.
And I desperately want to catch up.
Because I am committed to this album more than I ever have been, I am doing a few things differently this time around to ensure I am able to get caught up.
- Staying on top of the photos: I organize my Project Life photos by folders by week. So though I haven’t and won’t have time to print my photos weekly like in months past, I have my weekly folders created and photos in them.
- Making notes: I bought a notebook from the dollar section at Target that is just for Project Life notes. I then add notes, quotes, etc. that I may want to include in my Project Life spread. It has things like, don’t forget Friday, June 29: 109 degrees: the hottest day in Nashville on record – ever!
- Life bits: I have page protectors for the weeks in progress and I have been slipping life bits for possible inclusion in my spreads
What are you doing to stay on top of Project Life?
As always, you are invited to share your Project Life pages below.