10 Ways to Document the Olympics for Project Life

by jessicaturner on July 26, 2012

With the Olympic ceremonies kicking off tomorrow, I have been thinking a lot about how to incorporate the summer games into my Project Life album. I hope this list helps you document the Olympics.

1. Create a special spread dedicated to the Olympics
  2. Make a single insert about your favorite Olympic sport (mine would be gymnastics!)
  3. Record a schedule of what events you watch each day and insert it in your album. (A 6 x 12 Page would be perfect for this – maybe with a photo of your television with the games on or a magazine clip.)
  4. Journal your favorite Olympic moment after the games are over
  5. Add an Olympic drawing colored by your kids (click here for free Olympic coloring sheets)
  6. Insert a commemorative Olympic magazine into your album (the magazine will have all the details of the games in it – and you don’t have do anything! Plus, this will be a neat keepsake in the years to come. The Becky Higgins Big Envelope Pages are perfect for memorabilia like magazines)
  7. Create an insert of your favorite Olympians (use magazines or the Internet to find photos of your favorite athletes)
  8. Copy and paste Olympic headlines from your favorite news sites each day into a word document. Then, at the end of the Olympics, print it out and insert the page into your album.
  9. Create an Olympic relay for your kids, take photos and use them in your album.
  10. Add your favorite Olympian tweets and/or instagrams to a journaling card

{Please consider pinning this post so you can refer back to it and inspire your Pinterest followers! Thanks for sharing.}

How will YOU document the Olympics for Project Life? Please share your ideas in the comments.

Also, remember to come back for Project Life Tuesday every Tuesday to link up with Project Lifers from around the world. For more inspiration check out this list of 100 bits of life to include in your Project Life album and my Project Life Pinterest board.

libbywilko July 26, 2012 at 8:00 am

I downloaded one of the official 2012 Olympic apps that has the schedule of events, medals, athlete information, live games or races and I plan on taking screen shots of this during the Games. Love your ideas… Will definitely be using some of them. Thanks.

jessicaturner July 26, 2012 at 12:50 pm

GREAT idea!

Jessica Kelley July 26, 2012 at 9:04 am

I’ve been planning an “Olympics Party” for the opening ceremonies tomorrow night. We’re going to eat British food and make Olympics crafts (I added your list above to my Pinterest board of stuff for the party). Kate has been taking gymnastics since January, so I’ve been so excited about watching the Olympic gymnasts with her!! (We’re bummed Nastia Liukin didn’t make the team, since Kate knows her by name from YouTube videos we’ve watched!)

jessicaturner July 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm

That sounds like so much fun!

Julie July 26, 2012 at 12:31 pm

There’s some brilliant ideas on that list. I especially like no 6.

I love the other ideas too, especially the one on taking screenshots.

Jessica, I’d love to know what kind of British food you’re having. Truffle is a good one.

I’ve got a double spread pull out from The Daily Mirror newspaper on my wall. It’s got all the events for team GB.

jessicaturner July 26, 2012 at 12:50 pm

SO fun! I’ll bet the US’s USA Today will do something similar.

Julie July 26, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Triffle not truffle. (Truffles are chocolates:))

Julie July 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Even tho I’ll mainly be supporting team GB I hope the other teams do well too.

I can’t believe that after nearly 7 years it’s finally happening tomorrow:)

Char July 26, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I’m going to take photos for PL as I’ll be there!! Swimming next Tuesday. We can’t wait!

Mackenzie July 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

Hey Jessica! I just found your blog and am loving your ideas! I also loved that you have the Named By God banner; I’ve actually been to a women’s retreat led by Kasey! I would love to invite you to share with us later tonight/tomorrow on Saturday Show & Tell. I know my readers will totally connect with you and your ideas! Happy Friday! :)
Mackenzie :)

Julie July 27, 2012 at 10:19 am

Another thing that I’m doing is taping the opening
& closing ceremonies & news on DVD. (I’m not taping the whole days events, that’s a bit too long!). I’m including the DVDs in my scrapbooks.

I’ll also include photo indexes of the DVDs & will include these in my memory book. (Otherwise I forget what’s on the DVD(s)!)

Banu H July 29, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Great Ideas. thanks so much. I am also taking a screen shot of the Google’s doodles on each day..They are so much fun!!!!