Birthdays, Real Estate and Laundry

by jessicaturner on June 22, 2012

Y’all. Life is crazy right now.

Let’s start with the fact that Adeline turns one tomorrow.

One.

We are doing her one-year photos tomorrow morning and I am REALLY excited about the girly shoot we have planned. (See my Pinterest board for the inspiration). I have high hopes of getting a bunch of pinwheels made tonight to put in the field where we are taking pictures, but we’ll see. At least I found little white shoes for her to wear.

Next weekend we are having a birthday brunch with a few friends, so I will be doing a lot of crafting this next week to get all the decor done. (The decor theme is pom poms, pennants and pinwheels – click here to see the inspiration)

Then there’s the fact that we let our realtor go, hired a new one and are having new photos shot of our condo today.

And I went to bed with a migraine at 7 last night. Awesome. So I will be cleaning like a mad woman this morning before work. (And by cleaning I mean putting stuff in closets that won’t be seen in the photos – lol).

Our condo will be off the market for a week, which will give us time to breathe, allow me to leave my sewing machine out and get my craft on for the party and do a small remodel in our laundry closet.

Now why would we be remodeling our laundry closet when our house is on the market?

Because I was selected to be a Maytag Mom – AHHHHHH!!!!

So cleaning is not really my thing, but laundry is something I can tolerate. Matthew says that if I am on top of the laundry, I feel on top of the house stuff. If laundry is out of control, everything feels out of control.

He’s probably right. (Right now, I am behind on laundry… sigh.)

Our washer died in April and we bought a refurbished Maytag to get us through selling our condo. Though it is old, the thing runs like new – better than our old one ever did. (A testament to the fact that Maytag products are awesome!)

But our set is mismatched, not very big and just not ideal for a family that creates A LOT of laundry.

But look!

As a Maytag Mom, I am going to receive this beautiful Bravos XL washer/dryer set.

I’m freaking out. Never have I been so excited to do laundry.

I fully expect that this will the washer dryer set that will get my kids through high school. That is an incredible thought.

I’m so excited that the hugeness of this washer/dryer set will mean LESS laundry for me because my loads will be able to be much bigger. As a busy working mom, less laundry loads will be awesome.

The dryer also has a “refresh” cycle and since I have been known to leave my laundry sitting in the dryer for a few days, this cycle will help my clothes look like I pulled them out fresh the first time.

Unfortunately, our laundry closet is a bit too small for these Maytag beauties, so we are going to have the dryer venting moved to make things work. And hopefully we will move soon and have a bigger laundry space. (Know anyone looking for a great condo in Nashville?) :)

So yeah. Children’s birthdays (in addition to Adeline’s first birthday, Elias turns 4 in three weeks- yeow!), a house on the market, and a small remodel for an amazing washer dryer set – life is crazy. We are just taking one day at a time and thanking God for every blessing.

I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Laundry Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I will be provided with the Maytag washer and dryer set to facilitate my posts. All opinions are my own.

Robin Dance June 22, 2012 at 6:45 am

It’s impossible…HOW IS ADELINE ONE ALREADY? Wasn’t she born yesterday? Goodness, this was a fast year.

I’m SO excited for you, Jess; not for the migraine part (that, I’d like kick in the tail), but for the new Maytag. I KNOW how much laundry y’all are generating (been there, doing that still!), and I know what it can mean to join a program like this. Mom Central chose well when they asked you to join the campaign–win/win for you AND Maytag.

jessicaturner June 22, 2012 at 10:01 am

Thank you, dear one!

Bridget =) June 22, 2012 at 7:18 am

you lucky dog!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a beautiful set!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy laundry!!! and your baby’s birthday!!! =)

Carole Turner June 22, 2012 at 8:22 am

Jess, I love the Washer/Dryer set. So glad you got a new one, hope it keeps all thoses little socks together. :)
Can`t wait to see the pictures of Adeline. Just love the one on the invitation, everyone thinks she is sooooo beautiful.

jessicaturner June 22, 2012 at 10:00 am

that’s wishful thinking about the socks!!

luisa June 22, 2012 at 8:32 am

Congrats on the washer and dryer! As I was reading your post I felt inclined to encourage you *not* to install the new appliances in the new place. Since you have it on the market, more than likely they will become bargaining chips for buyers. Are you willing to leave them behind? (I am a former Realtor and just thought I would bring this up if you have not thought about it yet :) )

jessicaturner June 22, 2012 at 10:00 am

Unfortunately, it has to be installed to participate in the program. We are holding off on the install as long as possible in hopes that a buyer will come forth really fast… but if not, leaving them in our condo will be a non-negotiable.

Luisa June 23, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Sorry I didnt mean to pry and completely understand what you are going through!!! best of luck with the sale of the home!!!

luisa June 22, 2012 at 8:32 am

I meant current place***

Robin June 22, 2012 at 8:38 am

wow! Awesome about the Maytag Mom!

Lianna June 22, 2012 at 8:41 am

That’s awesome…getting a new washer and dryer! How exciting!

And LOVE the pinwheels! Our baby is turning one in three weeks…where does the time go?! Good luck with the pics, party & decorations! I love getting ready for parties…yet it makes me exhausted just thinking about it!

Oh…hope the your condo sells quickly. I know moving & selling can be a bit crazy! =)

jessicaturner June 22, 2012 at 9:59 am

Thank you. It has been on the market since September. We are hoping some “new blood” from our new realtor will be just what it needs.

DARA June 23, 2012 at 7:10 am

Were there any price reductions? @ least in the PNW, there is no room for listing price errors. The properties that have sold, and sold quickly, were priced spot on.

kathy {opposite of grey} June 22, 2012 at 11:05 am

Happy early Birthday Adeline! Can’t wait to see your photoshoot and party pictures – it looks like you’ve found some adorable ideas. My son turns 4 in a month too! :) I know what you mean about the relief of being able to take out all your sewing and crafting stuff while the condo is off the market for a week! Being creative means being able to be messy while you create and that’s so hard when you’re selling. Enjoy the breather this week! Hope your condo sells quickly with the new changes!

DARA June 23, 2012 at 7:02 am

I feel that way about my kitchen. If it’s clean, etc., life is good. I had a Maytag set with the 1st house I purchased. It peed on the floor when I was recovering from major surgery. The 2 repair men (Laurel and Hardy) took it completely apart without finding the problem. Needless to say, as the set was less then 3 months old, I insisted on the store picking up and refunding my money completely. I only buy European engined products since then. Very. Little. Plastic.
Looking forward to seeing Adeline’s pictures

Amanda June 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Adeline is so precious! Having all that going on at once made me tired on your behalf :) I’ll keep my ears open about people looking to buy! I think most of the people in my circles are probably still looking to rent, but you never know!

Karen R June 25, 2012 at 6:02 am

Jessica,
I can’t believe that your baby is one! Boy how time flies. Can’t wait to see the pictures from your photo shoot.
Congratulations on becoming a Maytag Mom! What an awesome deal. How did you get choosen for it?
Just wanted to ask about your migraines as I know that you have suffered with them for a long time. I too, am a migraine sufferer and thought that I would never get relief. I was getting them so frequently that I really felt horrible all the time. Couldn’t get fully over one before another would hit. My doctor finally put me on Vitamin B-2 and a precription med that is designed to act as a profilactive in preventing the migraines. I also had my meds switched to Maxalt instead of what I had been on because they determined that I was allergic to the previous med. I was also put on a ‘migraine diet’ to help eleminate the triggers that are often found in food. In doing so, I’ve found that Tannns are a big trigger for me. (Often found in red wine and lots of food items.) Anyway, the combination has really helped me. While I still get migraines, they are not as frequent as before and I find that I am getting over them faster. Hope this helps!
Karen

Laura June 25, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a long time and just decided to start one. I just wanted to send you a note to thank you for all of our money savings posts, creative ideas, dinner ideas and motherhood encouragement!

jessicaturner June 26, 2012 at 9:10 am

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Anne Blackburn June 26, 2012 at 8:02 am

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! And, happy BIRTH day to you, mama! One year … it sure does go by fast. The days are sometimes long, but the years are short. Many blessings for another great year! xo