Project Life Tuesday: Week 17

by jessicaturner on May 1, 2012

The Mom Creative
Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2012! If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited three-year-old, and Adeline, a delicious, growing baby. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:

• I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
  • My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of the kids.
  • I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.

It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to be kicking off my third year of this series.

Each Tuesday, I will share my spread from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is hopefully going to help keep me on track!

Can you believe we are already on week 17? I kept things very simple this week, which was refreshing -and helpful, since it seems like a cold has hit our house hard. Blech. (Hence the delay in getting this post up. My apologies!)

On to my week!

In addition to my Design F (left page) and Design A (right page), I used a 6 x 12 Page Protector.

I love, love, love the Design F page protector. I used a combination of 3×4 pictures and instagrams mounted on Becky Higgins graph journaling cards to create a really fun page. I was able to get 16 photos on one page!

Each journaling card has two instagrams glued to it. I then wrote a bit of journaling on the cards, and added some washi tape from Freckled Fawn to give the cards some pop. They look so cute.

On the 6×12 picture from (in)RL, I added an instagram from Annie and a journaling sticker. This created a fun strip across most of the bottom of the picture.

Here isa view of the other spread from the week. I used a little sticker tab on the top of the 6×12 page. On one side I wrote (in)RL 2012 and the other side says sweet boy. I didn’t do anything else to the photo because I loved it just the way it was.

This page is all about the first half of my family’s visit this weekend. I used a double journaling card to share what we did, and I added a pull tab so people viewing the album would pull it out to read the whole story. I also used more Freckled Fawn washi tape to enhance the photos.

Your turn! Please remember to link back to The Mom Creative!

Melissa Whittaker May 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

Love the pull tab you added to your long journaler. I’ve got a bit of an obsession with washi tape going and really look forward to adding it to my pages soon.

Jules May 1, 2012 at 11:58 am

Wow – I love you got so many photos into your design F protector. That’s photo-fabulous! (BTW Hope everyone feels better very soon.)

Kelli May 1, 2012 at 12:44 pm

love washi tape. favorite: Elias 6×12…perfect! and your photos are so awesome, love how clear and colorful they are!

Sarah K May 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Just out of curiosity, are you printing your Instagrams at 2×2 when you’re pairing them up on the journal cards? Looks amazing this week!!

Jessica @ The Mom Creative May 1, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I’m not sure how else I could do it. :) Yes, they are printed at 2×2, then I cut them and glued them on the cards. Then I added the washi tape and journaling! So fun!

Katie May 1, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Great week, you really did pack a lot into it!

Nana May 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Nicely done girl….I didnt even look this am cause I was sure you didnt have time :) love you !!!!

Katrina May 2, 2012 at 10:12 am

Love your layouts! I just got my project life kit in the mail and am about to get started, thanks to your inspiration! Have you always printed your photos at home? If not, did you (or anyone else reading this) have a system for how often you ordered photos? I am trying to figure out a realistic method to keep me on track.

jessicaturner May 2, 2012 at 10:31 am

No, the previous 3 years, I did not print at home. Honestly, I never completed my album… every year, I would tucker out by the end. I recommend printing at least every two weeks to stay on top of it!

Katrina May 6, 2012 at 11:48 am

Thanks! One more question: Do you typically plan out your layout before you print your photos, or do you just print the photos you know you want to use and then create the layout from there using the page protector design that works best for what you have printed?

Nathalie Hardy May 8, 2012 at 9:48 am

It is so awesome to see how the same core supplies make such different pages! I also just noticed that people are sharing weeks outside the “current” week and think that’s cool. I sort of stepped out of the PL sharing process and am glad I’m back because I just love this community. I couldn’t figure out the link so here is my week 17 link and i’ll work on figuring it out! http://nathaliesnotes.typepad.com/nathalies_notes/2012/05/project-life-week-17.html