Photo Book from Hilton Head

by jessicaturner on May 17, 2012

I worked like a madwoman trying to get this Hilton Head Shutterfly photo book done in time for my Groupon expiring on May 15, only to discover the expiration date had changed to May 14.

Thankfully I had another code that worked, so I was still able to get the first 20 pages free.

I know many of you make photo books, so I thought I would take a minute to share mine.

I used a combination of the Becky Higgins Clementine and Turquoise digital kits (both available on Shutterfly) and I love, love, love how the book turned out. I think it might be one of my favorite photo books ever!

View my full book here.

Also, the Ellen Show and Shutterfly have teamed up to give people a free photo book! Click here to get it! You have until May 29 to use it. I think I am going to make a photo book comparing holiday photos from the kids’ first years. First Halloween, first Christmas, first Easter etc. :)

What photo books have you been making lately?

Disclosure: ResortQuest® by Wyndham Vacation Rentals generously provided the accommodations at our amazing Sea Pines condo and inspired this Hilton Head vacation series. All beach adventures and opinions are my own! Compensated affiliate links also used in this post.

Angie May 17, 2012 at 9:52 am

Your book is beautiful. I haven’t taken the time to create many books but I am inspired. I also am inspired to find a way to get in some photos with my family! Thanks for sharing! :)

jessicaturner May 17, 2012 at 11:21 am

Thank you so much!

Amy Tucker May 17, 2012 at 11:33 am

For some reason I am being taken to another link within your site when I click on the “Click here to view my book” link. Not sure if I am just missing something? I have been curious about the PL shutterfly editions and would love to see a sample!

jessicaturner May 17, 2012 at 11:36 am

So sorry! Something was funny in my code, but I fixed it! Thanks for letting me know.

Amy Tucker May 18, 2012 at 6:56 pm

It worked great after you fixed it. The book is fantastic! I think my husband would go crazy if I ever took that many pictures in such a short time. I feel like I take pictures all the time and have a fraction of as many as you! I will definitely have to consider the shutterfly version for special events. I am thinking about doing one as a memory book for my grandparents. Thanks for showing us your book…it has got me thinking.

jessicaturner May 20, 2012 at 9:29 pm

We took almost 3,000 pictures – YEOW!

Jennifer@GDWJ May 17, 2012 at 12:12 pm

A lovely family you have!

I am way behind on making albums. My girls are only 10 and 7, but I sort of panicked last weekend — graduation weekend — when all these moms had made multiple photo books over the years for their graduates. Yikes! Help! Would you recommend Shutterfly over the other options?

jessicaturner May 17, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Shutterfly and Picaboo are my favorites!

Sarah K May 17, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I think the page with the blooper family photos is my favorite. It turned out beautifully!

jessicaturner May 17, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I love that page too. I can’t wait to get the book in the mail. I also love the full page of Adeline in the water.

Jenny Whiting May 17, 2012 at 2:11 pm

The Becky Higgins designs on your book are so cute. It looks really nice. I was up late on May 14 finishing up a Shutterfly book to use my Groupon! Sorry you couldn’t use yours – I always hate it when I mix up an expiration date. Thanks so much for sharing that link for the free book – I love making free ones!

Kathy {opposite of grey} May 17, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I love your photo book; vacation photo books are one of my favorites. I have one that I made from photos of our trip to Disney/the beach a few years ago and we love looking back through it together as a family – such a beautiful way to document memories! Thank you SO much for letting us know about the Ellen/Shutterfly promo!!! I love Shutterfly and use it for most of my photo books and I’m super excited to use that promo :)

Melanie May 17, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Is there a specific code for the free photo book from the Ellen show? I plan on making one of my little boy’s preschool year. Thanks for sharing!

jessicaturner May 17, 2012 at 4:53 pm

no, you just go to the link, sign in and it puts the free book into your account

Nana May 17, 2012 at 3:44 pm

It is super cute girl…love it

jessicaturner May 18, 2012 at 10:36 am

Thanks, mom! xo

grace at {Gabbing with Grace} May 17, 2012 at 4:06 pm

oh man, that photo book cover is great! I’ve been meaning to make more books on Shutterfly –this is great inspiration. I did one –one!— in the last two years! thanks for the giveaway. =)

Coby May 17, 2012 at 8:17 pm

These are wonderful photos and moments you’ve captured!

Karen May 18, 2012 at 7:50 am

Jessica,
That book brought tears to my eyes! Such joy and happiness in every page, what beautiful memories. Your children are so full of life and their smiles are contagious! You are a blessed woman. Thanks for sharing this glimpse into your heart.

jessicaturner May 18, 2012 at 10:56 am

Yes, we are very blessed. So glad you enjoyed my book.

shannon j May 18, 2012 at 8:56 am

I am working on a digital Project Life through Shutterfly and love how it’s turning out! I have changed all the pages to the Design A Layout.

jessicaturner May 18, 2012 at 10:56 am

so cool! I don’t think I could ever go digital, but love that the option is available for those who like it!

Bev W. May 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I made a photobook for my nana. Right before my brother left for a camping trip with Uncle Sam, We all got together and had a family setting done. I made 5×7′s for my mom and dad and a photobook for Nana. She loved it!

Anne Blackburn May 21, 2012 at 8:56 am

Awesome!! I waited to look at your book because I wanted some time to really look at. What a beautiful family – looks like an awesome trip! You are so blessed. p.s. Praying for the showings on your condo this past weekend! :)

jessicaturner May 21, 2012 at 9:18 am

Thank you on all accounts!

Melanie May 21, 2012 at 12:31 pm

What is the deadline for this offer?

Katie May 21, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Thanks so much for the modesty your family has even at the beach! I loved looking at your photo book.

Carol May 21, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Thanks for sharing – it’s great! I’m documenting 2012 week-by-week using Shutterfly’s PL. I’ve loved working with all the layouts & embellishments. I’m up to date – Week 20 — 36 pages. Your book is so inspiring – I think I’ll send mine to print now. Then I’ll just have several books for the year. Thanks!!

Gigi May 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation — what a blessing! Thank you for sharing that Shutterfly offer … can’t wait to get mine done. Peace and more blessings upon you and your family!

sona May 25, 2012 at 9:38 am

Questions: How do you get yourself in so many of the pics? How do you take pics and remember to actually live the moments while carrying around a heavy camera (camera phone?)?

jessicaturner May 26, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Matthew is a very talented photographer, so he took many pictures during the week too. This book was made just using photos from my SLR. It was worth carrying it for such a memorable vacation. We take photos all the time every day (beyond vacation), so it is part of our moments I guess. :) And there were plenty of times where the camera stayed in the bag and we just enjoyed what we were doing.