Adeline:: 11 Months

by jessicaturner on May 31, 2012

Monthly sticker by Sticky Bellies, headband made by me using this tutorial

Adeline! How is it possible that you are almost one?

You are such a sweet girl. This month you are finally starting to embrace table foods. You gobble pretty much anything that I put on your high chair. Cheese is still your favorite.

Your favorite words are Dadda, Lia (Elias) and hi (which sounds very drawn out and Southern). You don’t say mama very much, but when you do, it is definitely directed at me.

You love the phone and get really upset if you can’t hold it when we are talking on it. It is hilarious. You think you need to be the one talking – and pushing the buttons.

You scoot everywhere now. You can easily get down the hall or across the living room. You are extremely curious and are constantly are trying to touch things you shouldn’t be. We have definitely been baby-proofing.

(This video was filmed about two weeks ago. It is crazy how much faster she scoots now!)

Elias loves to help keep you out of trouble and we will often hear him say “no mam, Adeline, that is not for babies.” He is your favorite companion and you love to play wherever he is. You two are so sweet together.

You get so excited when it is bath time. You two play together in the tub really well, sharing toys, splashing and laughing. You cry almost every night when it is time to get out, especially because I always take you out first.

You also loved the beach this month when we went on vacation and I think we will be at the pool a lot this summer.

Your hair is really coming in and is full of little ringlets, especially when wet.

You still only have your two front teeth, but with the way you are sucking on everything, a few more must be on the way!

You are starting to sign and use “all done” pretty regularly. I think it will only be a matter of time before you start using some other signs.

You also have just started to try to pull up. When we stand you up at the couch, you grin, laugh and clearly think you are a big shot.

World, watch out!

You are so precious to us Adeline. We love you!

Adeline:: 10 months

Adeline:: 9 months

Adeline:: 6 months

Adeline:: 5 months

Adeline:: 3 months

Adeline:: 2 months

Adeline:: 1 month

Elias’s monthly pictures

Brooke May 31, 2012 at 7:51 am

Thank you for missing months 4, 7 & 8. Now I don’t feel like a complete loser for having gaps in those monthly photos I meant to take. LOL Beautiful babies you’ve got there.

jessicaturner May 31, 2012 at 10:21 am

Well… I missed writing posts about those months. I did take the photos every month. :) But don’t feel like a loser! Whatever you DID document is better than nothing and will be a gift to your child someday.

Patricia/nyc May 31, 2012 at 8:31 am

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love that first photo! Oh the CUTENESS!!!

June K. May 31, 2012 at 9:32 am

Both your children are adorable. And I love that first photo of her. Happy Birthday soon!

Jessica Kelley May 31, 2012 at 9:54 am

So cute! I love the way she scoots on her bottom by turning her knees. Elias’ “I’m a baby!” reminds me of conversations with my older daughter. I keep telling her “You’ll always be MY baby, but you’re not A baby,” so her frequent refrain is “I’m YOUR baby, but Claire is a A baby.” (Love the “a A baby.”)

jessicaturner May 31, 2012 at 10:21 am

so funny!!

Kathy {opposite of grey} May 31, 2012 at 10:43 am

She is just adorable!! Almost first birthday time – exciting! I loved that video – your kids are too cute. Reminds me very much of my own (except add one more baby girl in there since I have twin girls!) since I think my kids are similar in age (14 mo. old twin girls and an almost 4 year old boy). Isn’t it the best seeing them play and interact with each other – it warms my heart! :)

Jamie May 31, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Cute! My Hannah never crawled. only scooted everywhere! She was so fast. it would crack us up!

Miranda @ A ThankFULL Heart May 31, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Seriously, could your kids get any cuter?! :D

Amanda May 31, 2012 at 8:39 pm

She is just precious, Jessica. How fun to watch her grow! I loved your story of Elias watching out for her…reminds me so much of my little ones. Elysia, who is 10 1/2 months old, has an ornery side and loves to make a mess of the catfood. Often as she’s crawling over to it I’ll hear Elaina (2 1/2) say, “Weesia Jaaaaane!!! No, no!!” I don’t know if Elaina enjoys protecting her as much as tattling ;) but she loves her sister very much, and I am so enjoying watching them interact more.
Happy almost-first birthday, Adeline!

Jen L. June 1, 2012 at 11:09 am

Adeline is the sweetest girl. I can’t wait to hear all about her first birthday party.

grace at {Gabbing with Grace} June 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

seriously, I think A is one of the cutest babies. Just a doll!