Project Life: Week 16

by jessicaturner on April 24, 2012

The Mom Creative
Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2012! If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited three-year-old, and Adeline, a delicious, growing baby. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:

• I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
  • My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of the kids.
  • I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.

It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to be kicking off my third year of this series.

Each Tuesday, I will share my spread from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is hopefully going to help keep me on track!

Can you believe we are already on week 16? I kept things very simple this week, which was refreshing. :)

I only had one additional insert this week.

Here is the opening spread.

Elias traced his name this week at school, so I mounted it on some graph paper, wrote some journaling on it and then added a Hambly transparency over it.

I used these plain graph journaling cards from Becky Higgins to write about these school pictures from Elias’s week. I added the butterfly sticker for a simple embellishment. I love the white space.

The kids had a blast with a big box this week, so I did a whole insert about it.

Here’s the second view of the spread.

I was so excited to incorporate some washi tape that the Freckled Fawn sent me this week. I used some to wrap completely around the page protector. I love the little hearts. If you are looking for some cute washi tape to add to your album, you should check them out .

Similar to a couple weeks ago, I did a spread full of small photos, plus one journaling card to describe all the photos.

I used more washi tape from Freckled Fawn along the bottom of the journaling card and then a vine sticker to divide it in half. I used number stickers to coordinate to the journaling.

If you didn’t sign up for the FREE Paper Coterie $25 gift certificate – be sure you do it today. Details here!

Okay, your turn! Don’t forget to link back to The Mom Creative in your post.

sharon71 April 24, 2012 at 8:06 am

Oh my, those photos of the kiddos in the box are adorable and I really love the handwriting your son did.

Great week. Thanks for sharing.

Lois H. April 24, 2012 at 8:08 am

Love the simplicity of the pages – they really let the photos shine. I guess I’m going to have to get some washi tape… I’m loving it on people’s pages. Thanks again for setting up the linky!

Candy April 24, 2012 at 8:11 am

Love the washi tape. As a digital scrapper I have been avoiding it, but I may have to get some just so I can look at it. So pretty!

Melissa Whittaker April 24, 2012 at 8:26 am

That washi tape is so cute! I love how you used it in your layout :)

heather Johnson April 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

Love the box photos! It always amazes me how kids gravitate towards those above all else!

Susie Roberts April 24, 2012 at 8:51 am

Your book is so great and the pics so adorable. I’m embarrased to say I bought the very first Project Life and it’s still in the box..oh one day. I’m so glad I signed up for your newsletter, it’s very nice and thank you for the great coupon!
Hugs

Ashley Baker April 24, 2012 at 9:02 am

I love that you do this. What a gift for your kids. I should totally try to do this. I don’t even know where to start..ha! Your kids are adorable. I’m glad you are documenting them so well.

-ashley

Conni April 24, 2012 at 9:08 am

yup boxes are the best, no matter how manty toys they have a box always provides hours of entertainment

Sarah K April 24, 2012 at 9:09 am

Love this week’s layout! I really need to try out that idea of numbering the photos and using one journaling card. Is that plastic protector on the right also from that WR Memory Keepers combo pack you like?

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Sorry, I was trying to get the post up so fast before work, I neglected to mention that. The page is actually Design F by Becky Higgins.

Sarah K April 24, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Duh. I have that one. I’m a dingbat. :)

Catherine April 24, 2012 at 1:20 pm

The box photos are classic! Very cool about the Paper Coterie offer too-thanks!

Cinnibonbon April 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Love the pictures and how you tagged numbers to some of them. Wonderful idea.
I’m glad I found your blog and all the inspiration, I surely need it.
As you may know I just started PL last week and I’m having a ball!! I’m also doing a great job of catching up…hopefully other’s can decide to take on this project as well, they will find– it’s totally doable.
Come check out my progress if you get a chance!

Megan Anderson April 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I did numbering/ condensed journaling this week too! It’s a great way to fit in explanations of smaller photos. I used my #s on Instgrams.