Project Life Tuesday: Week 12 for me, 13 for you!

by jessicaturner on April 3, 2012

The Mom Creative
Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2012! If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited three-year-old, and Adeline, a delicious, growing baby. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:

• I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
  • My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of the kids.
  • I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.

It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to be kicking off my third year of this series.

Each Tuesday, I will share my spread from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is hopefully going to help keep me on track!

If you link up, please be sure to include the Project Life Tuesday button or a link to The Mom Creative in your post.

Notes about my album: Before showing my layouts, I want to share a few details about my album:

• I am using the colbalt kit this year.
      • I stamped all my weekly 6×4 cards and have placed them in my album. It just seemed easiest to get this done all at once. I used a date stamp from a past Project Life kit. If you don’t have on, Amazon has date stamps
        for less than $5. You can also find them at office supply stores.
      • For a complete list of the products I am using, and more about my approach this year, click here.

Yes, I am a week behind. I know many of you are on week 13. I am hoping to get caught up this coming weekend. The past two weekends have been crazy for me.

My parents were here during week 12, which meant A LOT of photos (more than 600!). Consequently, in addition to the regular spread, I have three inserts – two 6×12 page protector (with 6×4 pockets) and a baseball card protector (which allowed me to fit in 16 photos!). Get ready for a photo heavy post!

The left page is the first half of the week. I love the photos that Elias’s teacher sent from school. I used a lot of 3×4 photos so I could fit a lot in. You can also see the first insert was one of these 6×12 page protectors from American Crafts. I used two of these this week, which helped me use a lot additional 6×4 photos.

I added a few little extra stickers right on the photos.

I love the American Crafts swirl embellishment sticker that I applied on top of the page protector.

Here you can see the backside of that 6×12 page protector, a journaling card insert that I just punched and put right in the album, and then my second 6×12 page protector with photos from our zoo trip.

This journaling card was from a tablet of journaling blocks. I just glued two together, punched holes in it, added a rub-on and write about my parents’ visit. It was an easy way to write about their time in Nashville and set-up the dozens of photos about to come!

Here you can see the second 6×12 insert. I applied a sticker on the outside of the page protector so it could overlap two photos.

Here is the back of the 6×12 protector and the front of my baseball card protector. I loved how this insert had 9 slots for 18 photos/journaling cards. The photos are cropped to 2.5×3.5. I also added some epoxy stickers to a few of the photos and letter stickers to the center photo.

Here is a close-up of the backside.

WHEW! Here is the last spread.

My favorite part about this spread is that I used all of the center pockets to feature Elias and my Dad flying a big airplane. The journaling card tells the story of the three photos. I also put a rub-on on the journaling card and a star sticker on top of the page protector.

Your turn! I can’t wait to see your pages.

Sarah April 3, 2012 at 8:49 am

Great pages Jessica – love the pictures from the zoo and Elias and your Dad flying the plane.

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 3, 2012 at 11:10 am

Thank you!

Melissa Whittaker April 3, 2012 at 8:51 am

Lovely spread this week! I’m loving all your inserts, especially the idea to just plop in a journaling card as an insert all by itself. So cute!

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 3, 2012 at 11:09 am

You can see another example of the journaling card “plop” here: http://www.themomcreative.com/2012/03/project-life-tuesday-weeks-8-9.html

MichelleB April 3, 2012 at 9:04 am

Love your pages! And don’t worry you will get caught up! That happened to me back in February – when I went on vacation I got behind – I finally just caught up recently! Love your pages and all the pictures! Thanks for the opportunity to link up with you every week! take care!

Sarah K April 3, 2012 at 9:07 am

I love how you used rub-ons this week! Why do I keep forgetting to try those?? :) Looks like you had a blast with the parents, Jessica. Maybe the next time you come up to WI to visit them, we’ll finally be in Waukesha and we can meet up!

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 3, 2012 at 11:08 am

I am really trying to dig deep into my stash – the rub-ons are a great example. We’ll see how I am doing in September :)

Mary April 3, 2012 at 9:43 am

How pretty! I love all the extra inserts. I have been using more and more pictures on my spreads than ever. Thank you so much for hosting this link up and for sharing your book every week!

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 3, 2012 at 11:07 am

me too! This is my 4th year doing Project Life and I think this year is going to be the most complete perspective of our year. Really loving it.

grace April 3, 2012 at 10:09 am

whew…this seems slightly overwhelming, but I think it would be a great thing to do…I’m SO BEHIND…like 5 years behind on actually printing pictures….except for a few professional shots. Maybe I’ll like up once every other week….ya know….start slow! =)

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 3, 2012 at 11:07 am

The best advice I can give you is to start where you are. :)

Heather Johnson April 3, 2012 at 10:33 am

These pages are wonderful. Love the pic of your daughter with the apple and the one of you and her in the hiking pack. Too cute!

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 3, 2012 at 11:10 am

Ha! That’s actually a Badgers soft football, though it does look like an apple. Her expression cracks me up. :)

Kelli April 3, 2012 at 10:51 am

oh my I don’t know how you do it every week but your photos match that colbolt color scheme amazingly! Your parents are darling! I love it all :)

Jessica @ The Mom Creative April 3, 2012 at 11:06 am

Thanks friend! Yes, I wasn’t sure Cobalt was the right choice earlier in the year (so much of my stash would work better with Clementine), but I think it is really working.

Marina D-K April 3, 2012 at 11:20 am

Great ideas for dealing with busy weeks. I have been stuck on our week 8 for this very reason. Now I’m thinking I can get it done tonight. =) Thanks for the inspiration!

jessicaturner April 4, 2012 at 10:07 am

I just needed to GET IT DONE. Once I started, it really wasn’t so bad. Sometimes starting is the hardest part.

Jessica Kelley April 3, 2012 at 11:41 am

600 photos in a weekend! I was just thinking the other day how on a five-week foreign study in college, I took about 11 rolls of 36-pic film. 400 photos for a five week adventure, and it seemed like SO many at the time. How different it would have been if I’d had digital back in 2001!

Also, you look really pretty in the pic with Adeline on your back!

jessicaturner April 3, 2012 at 11:54 am

SO true. Goodness knows it would be a lot less if I would delete the bad ones. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Catherine at Design Editor April 3, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Love how you used a stick on top of the page protector. Will be trying that. Thanks!

libbywilko April 3, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Love all your extra inserts this week :) especially he baseball card one and I Adore the 6×12 ! Great photos of the kids with their grandparents.

jessicaturner April 4, 2012 at 10:06 am

Thank you. Those 6x12s were a big help this week, as was the baseball card protector. It was just a bit tedious to crop all the photos, but I think the end result was worth it.

Ellie A. April 3, 2012 at 3:55 pm

This is “technically” my Week 12 I’ve posted although it is Week 13. I had a video for my Week 12 as it was Jam Packed but youtube was not nice to me so I just posted Week 13 for now ha. Love your pictures such sweetness!

Michelle April 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I’m doing two albums, so I’m a bit more behind than you! Thanks for hosting, Jessica!

jessicaturner April 4, 2012 at 10:05 am

Two albums?! You are incredible.

Eva Scott April 3, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Really great photos as usual. I really like that tablet you did to introduce the extra photos. Thanks for the link up!

Sarah April 4, 2012 at 12:07 am

The journaling card in the middle is so cool! I love that! And your school sends you pics? That’s awesome. it looks like you guys had a fun week. Loving your book!!

jessicaturner April 4, 2012 at 10:04 am

Elias’s teacher is amazing and sends lots of pictures. I have been so spoiled by her this year. I’m hoping his next teacher will take pictures too. It has been such a blessing to see glimpses of his day.

Karen April 4, 2012 at 9:38 am

Great photos and journaling. I know I don’t have to tell you this but you are sooo blessed to have such a loving family! Your parents are very special and your kids will always have the memories (and photos of course!) of how awesome they are and how involved they are in their lives! That’s the kind of grandparent I want to be!

jessicaturner April 4, 2012 at 10:03 am

Yes, we are so blessed indeed. :)

Becky April 5, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I started Project Life in March, so I’m permanently behind! I’m catching up on the last few weeks this weekend and I’ll link up next Tuesday. Great photos and great family! <3