With Easter coming this weekend, we did a mini photo shoot of Adeline wearing some bunny ears. (You longtime readers might remember I did the same with Elias in 2009.)
In just 10-15 minutes, we got so many great photos.
I hope this post inspires you to do a mini shoot like this with your little one.
Here are a few tips for making this mini shoot a success.
- Buy kids bunny ears (or make some with felt!). You can find ears like this at most retail stores this time of year. I bought Adeline’s at Target in the $1 section.
- Have some plastic eggs for your baby to play with. They add color to the photo, look adorable and keep their hands busy.
- Take the photos outside. And it’s spring, so find some flowers if you can. They add a lot to the background. If you aren’t able to do an outdoor shoot, perhaps put an Easter Lily on the ground next to your baby.
- Dress your child in a light solid color like white, blue, pink, light yellow or sea green. This will keep the focus on their face. Stay away from patterns, as this will be distracting in the photo.
- Have help!Matthew was there with me, which made things so much easier when the ears fell down (which they did several times). He also helped draw Adeline’s attention toward the camera.
Since someone is bound to ask, Adeline’s dress is from Target last year and her necklace is a Baltic Amber Baby Teething Necklace , which is supposed to help with pain. She definitely seems happier when she is wearing it.
I think I am going to get two free 8×10 canvases made of Adeline and Elias as bunnies. Then I can hang them up every year! The hardest part will be choosing what photo to use.