I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:
- I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
- My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of the kids.
- I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.
It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to be kicking off my third year of this series.
Each Tuesday, I will share my spread from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is hopefully going to help keep me on track!
If you link up, please be sure to include the Project Life Tuesday button or a link to The Mom Creative in your post.
Notes about my album: Before showing my layouts, I want to share a few details about my album:
- I am using the colbalt kit this year.
- I stamped all my weekly 6×4 cards and have placed them in my album. It just seemed easiest to get this done all at once. I used a date stamp from a past Project Life kit. If you don’t have on, Amazon has date stamps
for less than $5. You can also find them at office supply stores.
- I printed my photos at home using my new Epson printer. I loved how convenient it was. I plan to print most of my pictures at home this year, especially large format images, using the Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201)
- For a complete list of the products I am using, and more about my approach this year, click here.
Today I am sharing weeks 8 and 9, since I was at Blissdom last week and needed to catch up. I am glad that I don’t have plans for the next few weeks – doing two weeks at once can be challenging. I did keep things pretty simple though – especially for week 9.
In addition to my regular pages, I inserted an instagram insert and a 6×12 insert.
For the left page, I relied on journaling stickers on my photos because I had SO many photos and I didn’t want to cut any of them and make room for journaling cards. If you haven’t heard, Staples just started carrying the Martha Stewart office supply line and the label stickers are PERFECT for Project Life. PLUS, they are only $2.99 for about 160 of them. Definitely worth making a trip to Staples for.
- I used thickers for the 8 mos. on Adeline’s monthly photo.
- I like the stacked photo of Elias and Adeline. They are each 3×2 and printed out to 3×4 to fit in the journaling slot.
- The use of two stacked Martha Stewart labels to fit all my journaling on the BW picture.
I got a few great shots of Adeline in the photo areas at Blissdom, so I just had to print them on a big 6×12 sheet. I embellished the large photo with some stickers at the bottom.
I took a lot of Instagrams during Blissdom, so I used a coin collector insert (trimmed) to include all my photos, plus some bits from my Blissdom program. I like the lightbulb sticker, which I stuck over two slots (on the outside) to tie everything together. For more on using Instagram in Project Life, check out my tutorial.
Because I had so many Blissdom photos, I used a large cardstock journaling block to write about the conference. I simply punched holes in it and stuck it in the album.
I kept things VERY simple for week 9 – just the regular inserts + an instagram insert. I didn’t take a ton of photos and it was a pretty ordinary week for us. Since I journaled on a lot of the photos, I also had room to add some of Elias’s coloring. He did a space unit at school the past two weeks and I LOVE all the rocket/space elements. I’m so thankful he has a teacher that takes lots of pictures. It is such a gift.
On the right page, I love the bottom left collage of Adeline in her grey dress + pictures of RoseAnne Coleman speaking. RoseAnne is an incredible mentor in my life. If your church or minstry is ever looking for an incredible, Godly woman to speak, I can’t recommend her enough. I also LOVE listening to her Miss Helen CDs.
I just found out I was nominated as a Circle of Moms top Creative Mom blogger! YEOW! Would you consider clicking the icon below and voting for The Mom Creative? You can vote once a day and no registration is required! THANK YOU!