Project Life Tuesday, Week 11

by jessicaturner on March 20, 2012

The Mom Creative
Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2012! If you are new to The Mom Creative, welcome. I hope you will stay awhile. I’m Jessica – wife to Matthew, mom to Elias, a silly and spirited three-year-old, and Adeline, a delicious, growing baby. I’m also a marketing professional, savvy deal finder, photo lover and memory keeper trying to juggle it all.

I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:

• I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
  • My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of the kids.
  • I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.

It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to be kicking off my third year of this series.

Each Tuesday, I will share my spread from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is hopefully going to help keep me on track!

If you link up, please be sure to include the Project Life Tuesday button or a link to The Mom Creative in your post.

Notes about my album: Before showing my layouts, I want to share a few details about my album:

• I am using the colbalt kit this year.
    • I stamped all my weekly 6×4 cards and have placed them in my album. It just seemed easiest to get this done all at once. I used a date stamp from a past Project Life kit. If you don’t have on, Amazon has date stamps
      for less than $5. You can also find them at office supply stores.
    • I printed my photos at home using my new Epson printer. I loved how convenient it was. I plan to print most of my pictures at home this year, especially large format images, using the Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201)
    • For a complete list of the products I am using, and more about my approach this year, click here.

This week I used the following page protectors (Design A + one from this multi-pack from We are Memory Keepers + an 8.5×11 page protector + a Design B protector (trimmed, from the Big Variety Pack 1).

I love including photos in project life that capture the era – like this one that has our car. In 50 years, this photo will be really cool, you know? :) The journaling labels are from the Martha Stewart office line at Staples.

One tip I have – always write on your journaling stickers BEFORE adhering them to your photos. That way you are sure you are happy with them.

The glitter thickers were PERFECT for this St. Patrick’s day photo. I got these 8x10s for free from Walgreens, so I mounted them on the Project Life coordinating cardstock before inserting them into the page protector. I like the cardstock border. I posted the Walgreens deal on Facebook, so be sure you are following The Mom Creative on there!

The other 8×10 I collaged a bunch of shots from our mini shoot and just added a few thickers to the center.

You can also see the first side of my Design E page, which I LOVE! I used vertical photos at the top and then instagrams+stitching+journaling on the horizontal cards. (I simply used the plain grid journaling cards that come in the core kit)

On the back of the Design E page, I inserted a coloring sheet that Elias drew in Sunday school along with another 4×6 photo and more instagrams + journaling.

Here you can see some close-ups of the horizontal journaling cards. I did the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine. It isn’t perfect, but that is part of what I love! I love how the cards all have the same unified look.

The last spread from the week was very simple – just photos + journaling cards.

Your turn! Please be sure to include the Project Life Tuesday button or a link to The Mom Creative in your post.

sharon71 March 20, 2012 at 7:09 am

Love the St Patrick’s layout – the photos are so cute.

Great use of the horizontal spots too.

Thanks for sharing.

Jules March 20, 2012 at 7:16 am

Great pages. You’re so right about including era-specific things such as the car. I’m planning on including our ‘gadgets’ on some pages – I think that will be fun to look back on. Already, my daughter looks back at pics of me with my Sony Walkman cassette player and, even worse, my record player,and thinks that is hilarious! I wonder what my great grandhildren will think of Chloe’s ipod and Blackberry?!

Eva Scott March 20, 2012 at 7:23 am

Love that picture of your son running to you. Precious! And love the red stitching you did on your journaling cards. That’s on my to-do list someday. :-) Thanks again for hosting each week!

jessicaturner March 20, 2012 at 9:20 am

Stitching in Project Life had been on my list for awhile. Glad I finally did it this week!

Sarah K March 20, 2012 at 7:34 am

I love the horizontal cards with the Instagrams! Did you just use the blank grid cards? What size did you print your Instagrams?

jessicaturner March 20, 2012 at 9:19 am

Yep, just the blank grid cards. I thought about painting or stamping on them, but I decided the stitching would be faster, easier, and cooler. :) The instagrams are 2×2, which is their standard size.

Sarah March 20, 2012 at 7:50 am

Lovely layouts. Especially the instagrams and all the green!

jessicaturner March 20, 2012 at 9:20 am

I love all the green this week. I got some serious mileage out of those St. Patrick’s pictures.

Cami March 20, 2012 at 8:02 am

Thanks for hosting the linky party again this week. I look forward to it.
Love the long car picture too. So fun. Hadn’t thought about how cool that one will be in 50 years, but you are right. I need to think about including those kinds of photos.

Great pages, as always. I like the zig-zag stitching too.

jessicaturner March 20, 2012 at 9:18 am

I have a picture of my nana as a child with her family car in it and I love it because the car shows the time. SO, I always try to have a few car pictures in Project Life each year. My kids will definitely remember “sabby” (our suburu) and “lucy” (our VW bug).

Melissa Whittaker March 20, 2012 at 8:30 am

You have the most beautiful handwriting! I just love your insert this week, too!

jessicaturner March 20, 2012 at 9:17 am

Awwww… thank you.

Claire March 20, 2012 at 8:48 am

Jess, I always love seeing your layouts! You have such a talent!

dawn March 20, 2012 at 10:23 am

LOVE LOVE your St. Patrick’s Day photos, they are sooooo adorable. What a great shot of him running to you, so sweet!! Hooray for stitching on PROJECT LIFE!! It’s always fun to see your pictures each week. Thanks for always linking up for us.

Ellie A. March 20, 2012 at 10:58 am

Another FUN Filled week & I love your sewing so fun. I have to remember to take out my sewing machine more. I had started out my weeks w/a bit of sewing. I really love the look it gives. Here is to another wonderful Week!

Susanne March 20, 2012 at 11:37 am

always love the glimpse into your week. i also think about how cool it will be to look back in 50 years at the clothes we wore or the cars we drove!
question…maybe i’m just absolutely ignorant, but how do you print instagrams??? do you have to have photoshop? i don’t have it, but would love to print some!

Abby Devine March 23, 2012 at 11:41 am

I am always wondering how to print instagrams… I don’t have photoshop either. Please help!

kelli March 20, 2012 at 11:53 am

as always, you rock! Matthew’s photo (I’m assuming he took that) of Elias running to you is so cute! I love all the St. Patty’s day shots too :) YAY! Another week!

Catherine at Design Editor March 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Such cute Irish babies! Love that insert!

kate Adderley March 20, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Wow jessica, amazing photos , love the St Patrick spread, and the pic of you and your son with the car in the back ground, just awesome, those kiddies are so cute

Angela March 20, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Hey Project Lifers—
I’m hosting a Project Life related giveaway through this Friday. Check it out at

have a great week!

Megan Anderson March 20, 2012 at 9:39 pm

LOVE the photos on the left. That bubble photo is the coolest.