As I shared on Facebook last week, we jumped on the sucker Valentine bandwagon this year.
The idea was inspired by this Valentine I saw on Pinterest.
I love this idea because the picture captures Elias in 2012 – so much better than a generic Valentine.
Here are my tips for making these sweet and easy Valentines.
- Have your child hold their arm out a bit to the side, not directly in front of their face (it was a bit difficult to get Elias to understand this concept!)
- Dress your child in Valentine’s colors (red, white and/or pink)
- Solid colors or small prints will keep the focus on your child’s face
- Simple clip art or photoshop brushes are a fun way to add some hearts/Valentines art
- Leave plenty of “white space” so you have room for text
- Buy small suckers so they don’t overwhelm the picture
- Use a razor blade (or if you are a scrapbooker, use an eyelet setter like I did) to create slits/holes for the suckers
For more Valentine’s inspiration, check out my Valentines Pinterest board.