Today I am going in a little different direction for Motherhood Monday and sharing a new service that I have enjoyed using as a busy mom.
In December I was reading one of those what are the big trends of 2012 going to be articles. The article said that subscription services would be big in the mom world.
Shortly after reading that post, I read about Citrus Lane, a company that sends “care packages to parents”. My friend, Ari, loved them and I was intrigued. Plum District ran a deal for a 3-month subscription and I took the plunge.
Ironically, shortly after that, Citrus Lane contacted me to do a review, so I have received a total of four boxes and feel I can now give a good review of the company and the concept.
What I love about this concept as a busy mom:
- Citrus Lane has introduced me to a few products/brands that I wasn’t aware of or probably wouldn’t have bought on my own.
- It ships right to my door.
- Every package is well thought out and fits my child’s age and development.
- The products are really high quality brands and many are natural and organic.
- It is definitely cost effective – each box has $50 worth of product and is only $25, which includes shipping.
- The box is really pretty and always fun to open.
- I love fun mail and Citrus Lane packages are really lovely.
What I don’t love:
- You don’t know what you are going to receive ahead of time. While it is fun to open a surprise, I have found myself disappointed when I have an item, which leads me into #2.
- You don’t have the option to get something else if you have the product. Twice I have received products I had (a bath toy and a CD). Thankfully, I LOVE both products, so am just keeping them for a future baby gift. However, it would be nice to opt into getting a “B” if you were informed in advance of what was coming – or skipping a month in hopes that the next month would be something new.
Overall, I have REALLY enjoyed receiving my citrus lane boxes. I think the concept is fantastic and the products are top notch. Even though I had some of the products, because of the cost savings of the box, it still made it worth getting – especially since I can use them as gifts.