I started Project Life Tuesday in 2010 because:
- I needed to keep myself accountable and on top of my photos each week.
- My family loved being able to count on a weekly post with pics of the kids.
- I thought others might want to keep themselves accountable too.
It was a huge blessing and so I am excited to be kicking off my third year of this series.
Each Tuesday, I will share my spread from the previous week, as well as host a linky for readers to link up their pictures/layouts. This year, Epson is sponsoring Project Life Tuesday, and they provided me with their Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201) for many of my album’s photos. Printing photos at home is hopefully going to help keep me on track!
If you link up, please be sure to include the Project Life Tuesday button or a link to The Mom Creative in your post.
Notes about my album: Before showing my layouts, I want to share a few details about my album:
- I am using the colbalt kit this year.
- I stamped all my weekly 6×4 cards and have placed them in my album. It just seemed easiest to get this done all at once. I used a date stamp from a past Project Life kit. If you don’t have on, Amazon has date stamps
for less than $5. You can also find them at office supply stores.
- I printed my photos at home using my new Epson printer. I loved how convenient it was. I plan to print most of my pictures at home this year, especially large format images, using the Epson Stylus R2880 Large Format Photo Printer (C11CA16201)
- For a complete list of the products I am using, and more about my approach this year, click here.
Now, on to my completed pages.
Cover page: For my cover page, I mostly stuck with elements from the kit. The label stickers are by October Afternoon and the letters are Heidi Swapp (from about 5 years ago). This is the first year I have added photos to my cover page and I really love how it turned out.
Week one (click on image to see detail): Each week I want to try to include some “bits of life”, so that my spreads are more than just photos. Here is what is included in this week’s layout:
- Journaling cards
- Feature card of my phrase for the year – “choose joy”
- A little sponge animal of Elias’s
- Theater ticket and promo piece from The Addams Family
Freebie: Tomorrow I will be offering a FREE PRINTABLE called 100 Bits of Life for Project Life. This exhaustive list should inspire you to think outside the box when considering elements to add to your Project Life album. Be sure to stop back tomorrow to download it. I think this will be a great resource to refer to all year long.
You turn! (please remember to put the link to your actual post and not just to your blog.)